baker.jennifer@hotmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2021

Bose Revolve SoundLink Micro USB Charger Issue

Bose product name: Bose Revolve SoundLink portable speak

Country USA

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: My Bose Revolve SoundLink portable speaker came with a charger but the micro usb charger no longer fits in the speaker.  Only the tip of the metal port can be entered and not fully secured for charging.  I'm experiencing this issue with two (2) identical Revolve SoundLink portable speakers used only at home.

Where do you run into the issue? Charging port

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? Previously worked on both speakers and the issue was identified within the last 30 days on both

Any troubleshooting steps you took - No, I'm afriad to force the charging usb into the speaker in fear I'll damage something

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose Revolve SoundLink Micro USB Charger Issue

Hi baker.jennifer,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us!

From how you are describing this, it does sound like there is something in either the cable or the micro-USB ports on the speakers that is stopping the two from connecting correctly. As you are unable to plug the cable into either of your speakers, have you been using the same cable with both speakers, or a different cable for each speaker? If you have been using the same cable, try using a different USB cable and see if this can plug into your speakers correctly.

If you are having the connection problem with multiple USB cables, it would definitely be worth checking to make sure there is nothing in the USB port on the speakers that could be stopping the cable from making a secure connection. It's possible that some dirt  has got into the ports, or they have been damaged and this is stopping the cable from being able to plug in correctly. It's also possible for the dirt or damage to be in the cable you are using, but by trying multiple cables you should be able to check whether this is the case as well.

Let me know how you get on

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Warchild
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

Hi Jennifer, the Revolve and Revolve Plus USB ports are relatively shallow compared to the length of the metal part of the USB cable.  It's not designed to fully push in.  There will always be a couple of mm of the metal connector showing.  If the speaker is charging successfully, all is well.  

If you're unable to actually plug the cable in at all, it's likely that the cable connector is damaged.  Try a new cable and see if that works.

Warchild
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

Sorry, my mistake. My mind was elsewhere and I just realised you're talking about a Micro.  These are similar in construction of the USB port, but check that the port on the speaker hasn't been deformed.  This sometimes happens if someone has attempted to push the cable in at an angle instead of straight.

Also worth trying a new cable as the connections inside the micro-USB connector may be damaged.