Highlighted
Richard_Overseas
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Bose Revolve Soundlink not charging - desperate

Hello

i have searched the forum and seen similar posts but not an identical one. 

I live overseas and away from my family. Have used Bose products for years, including some fairly extreme environments. Love them. 

I have a Revolve Soundlink Bluetooth speaker. Depend on it. 

When i charge it the orange light light glows on and off but even after many hours it won’t switch on.  

I am currently in Cairo. I do not know if there are any Bose dealers here. 

I have tried pressing various buttons for 10 seconds etc but no joy. 

I wonder whether the charging connection is damaged. I am using the same charger and wire as always. 

Thank you for any suggestions. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose Revolve Soundlink not charging - desperate

Hello Richard_Overseas,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! 

That's very strange indeed that you are not able to get the Revolve to hold a charge, this not expected behavior at all. I would be more than happy to try to get this resolved for you today, since there the LED's are still showing there are still some troubleshooting steps that we can go through to try to get this resolved. Firstly, we need to look into the possibility of the cable being the issue as if there is an issue it can give enough power to show the charging LED but not actually charge the product. You can use any micro B cable to charge the speaker if you have one.

To reset your product:

1. Disconnect the power cord
  2. Power on your product using battery power
  3. Press and hold the Multi-function (•○•) button for 10 seconds until the product lights glow.

To install a Bose system update, follow these steps (Note: A USB-A to USB-micro B cable is required for this update):

1. Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser.
  2. Navigate to the Bose Bluetooth Device Updater page at btu.bose.com and select your product
  3. Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater
  4. Click "Download" to download the updater
  5. Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater, then connect the headphones to your computer via USB
  6. If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download the latest software. You can also click "Learn More" to find out about what improvements the update contains
  7. Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect the headphones from the computer

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support