Bose Revolve not charging and doesn't turn on

SOLVED
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Bose Revolve not charging and doesn't turn on

Hi,

I bought and opened my Bose Revolve last June 10, 2019 and used it until last week. Suddenly the unit doesnt charge and doesnt on either. Anyone having the same issue? How can I resolve this? I tried the Bose troubleshoot on their support site and it doesnt work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorJeff_G

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose Revolve not charging and doesn't turn on

Hello nisaamlondon,

I am very sorry to hear this. Unfortunately via this platform we do not have access to the warranty periods within different regions, this will need to be discussed with your regions support centre as the Community is a forum for troubleshooting and can not observe available service options. Our team can observe your products warranty period via the serial number, however proof of purchase is the most accurate way in order to determine this. 

I apologise for any disappointment this provides.

Tegan M 

3 REPLIES 3

Hello nisaamlondon, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am so sorry to hear you are having issues with your Revolve speaker not charging.

I would suggest trying the following steps to try to fix your issue:

• Check for and install any available product updates. - Visit btu.bose.com and follow the instructions to ensure your product has the latest features and enhancements.
  • Try another USB charging cable. - If another USB charging cable works properly when connected to the power supply, I would recommend replacing the USB cable.
  • Perform a product reset. - To do this unplug the speaker from power, then turn it on using battery power and then press and hold the Multi-function (•○•) button for 10 seconds until the product lights glow, then release the button.

If these steps do not resolve your issue please let me know and we can look to find an alternative route. 

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Vicky_W

I already performed all the suggestions that you said. But it doesnt work. Now I brought it to the service center here in the Philippines and let it diagnose. As per findings they found rust inside, specifically in most of the parts of the unit (battery etc) and I was shocked to know about it since it never came near to any water source (beach or pool). Now my problem is i cannot claim the warranty since i dont have the receipt of it. But i am sure that it was bought on December 2018. Can I still claim my warranty even without a receipt? I am very sad right now since the service center charged me around $140 for the repair and part replacement and I dont want to pay it since it is unfair on my part because i know i handled it with utmost care and i know the unit is only splash proof. I want to discuss further with you. Can I reach out from anybody inside bose about my problem? here is my email address: [edited by moderator]

Hello nisaamlondon,

I am very sorry to hear this. Unfortunately via this platform we do not have access to the warranty periods within different regions, this will need to be discussed with your regions support centre as the Community is a forum for troubleshooting and can not observe available service options. Our team can observe your products warranty period via the serial number, however proof of purchase is the most accurate way in order to determine this. 

I apologise for any disappointment this provides.

Tegan M