Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2017

Re: Bose Revolve static noise?

Thx Rh0d1um.

Argh, same here with the static noise and the meters. I can't believe it. Bose, new top bluetooth loudspeaker, high quality, expensive, and such an...(words missing). I also can't believe that no one else/not more is/are complaining about this...failure? Top reviews everywhere for the Revolve/+. Wish I hadn't sold my Soundlink Mini. I understand, that there might be a static noise for bluetooth speaker, but this one is way to "loud". Truly sad...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2017

Same, I don't understand why no one ever mention the static noise. Assuming the revolve/+ is an upgrade for the soundlink mini series and with the price of it, I just don't understand why does it has static noise. Do you guys keep the revolve/+ or change it for other speaker?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2017

@Jasmne

Good question, indeed!

I have written a mail to BOSE-support, described the problem and also sent the link to this board here. After a few days (yesterday) I got an answer. Guess they have understood the problem, but what can they do, I mean really? The only solution BOSE has suggested: BOSE will exchange my Revolve+ with a new one.

But, as Rh0d1um posted here, the "static noise problem" is a problem all manufactured Revolves have to deal with...so an exchange will not be usefull, I fear.

Possibilities, not sure right now which I will choose:

A) Exchange my Revolve+ with a new one. "New one" will also have the static noise prolbem, I fear.
B) Keep my Revolve+ and live with the "static noise".
C) Sell my Revolve+, even I will have a loss/money - moreover, as I have bought the loudspeakter high-priced, and
the speaker has gone (after a few month) down in price.

Not happy with all possibilities. Maybe I will go for C, as the "upcoming" Denon Envaya DSB-250 bluetooth loudspeaker (no 360° unfortunately) seems to be a better sound-solution for me. 1st Youtube review from Oluv (Channel clavinetjunkie) here: h**ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZEP9ziwkHw

1:08 Denon Envaya vs JBL Charge 3 7:16 Denon Envaya vs Riva Arena 10:40 Denon Envaya vs Vifa Helsinki 17:42 Denon Envaya vs B&O Beoplay A1 22:47 Denon Envaya...
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 24, 2017

I have the same problem and it makes me super sad! I love my old SoundLink Mini (1st gen) apart the shutting-off bug, but there is no noise at all. So, for Christmas I bought the Revolve for my girlfriend. When I tested it at home I was shocked about the low level noise. And I can hear it distorting the music slightly in general. I then returnd the device for a new one, that I now gifted my girlfriend. Sadly, the noise is still there. A friend just brought a new SoundLink Micro over for testing and it has the same problem.

So, I also think we will have to live with it now (seriously, it makes me mad). But next time I‘ll definitely look for other brands like the incredible Envaya (that wasn‘t ready for shipping before Christmas).

I seriously hope for a better quality control at Bose.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2017

Got a revolve + for Christmas and upon first listen something didn't seem quite right with the sound. Slightly less clear than I expected, then after reading a few reviews I saw some people complaining of static which led me to this thread and me actually noticing it on mine.

It's very quiet but it is there in low volume and in the seconds after you stop a song it kind of lingers. It sounds like radio interference and didn't happen on my sound link mini 2. Tried using different devices and no change. I returned my first unit to the shop I bought it from and got an exchange. The replacement is no different though it was made in august 17 just like my first unit and this ties with others with the same issue. Software had been updated too but no difference.

I called Bose who have authorised a replacement and I'll wait and see what happens there. Hopefully it'll be from a newer batch and won't have the same issue. I feel I'm being a bit picky because at even moderate volumes it's not noticeable but at nearly £300 I want it to be right and the Bose advisor agreed that it needs swapping over to see if that helps but couldn't tell me if it was a common issue. I directed him to this community thread to read up about it. Have to say there was no quibble at all. I just want it to be right because the product is great. I'll update when the replacement from Bose arrives.
Anyone else have any luck with fixing this?
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2017

I didn't realise there was any static noise till I saw OP mentioned it on Reddit, and since then I can not in these it. So I went to replace it with the new unit, though the static noise seems less obvious, it is still there. Bought it from retail store, the staffs claimed they didn't hear any static noise. Called Bose after I figured the second unit has the same issue, they ask me to update the speaker but nothing change. I really like the speaker when it's at medium to high volume, however, whenever I play it near me at lower volume I can still hear the static noise. I guess all of the unit have the same issue, so it's either change it for other speaker or just live with it. I just don't understand why, it was supposed to be an up grade and it cost $439 aud....
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2017

If this third unit comes back the same I guess I'll have a decision to make. It's not terrible noise but certainly degrades the experience.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 1, 2017

I went to Bose store in Greece to pick up mine and checked the Revolves from exhibition. Same problem to all of them. If they tell you that they dont hear the static noise simply enable keyboard click sounds on your phone and start typing while its connected to Revolve.
In Bose Greece the manager also treat me with irony that i sense frequencies that other people dont. I am very dissapointed from all this things. Also this story prevents me from buying Quietcomfort 35 II . Propably never again ill buy something from Bose which i thought they had prenium and high sound fidelity products.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2017

Well, my replacement from Bose arrived yesterday. Manufactuered 31 Oct so a different batch. Exactly the same as the other 2 I have had so it's not a fault, this is how these units are. Not 100% decided but think I reluctantly keep it as the noise is faint. I'll have to hope that firmware updates fix this because it is an irritation at very low volume. Not 100% sure but the next step up from this is going to cost a lot more I think eg B&O play Beolit 17. I'll let you know if I return it
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2018

Hi, I bought my revolve + around the same time and have recently started suffering the same problems