Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2020

Revolve Plus - Static / interference / distortion at low volume levels

Noticed my new Revolve Plus speaker produces unwanted static hissing noises at low volume levels.

I purchased this speaker mostly to use whilst going to sleep, and this problem is very noticeable at low levels in a quiet room. 

I've tried troubleshooting with different bluetooth devices, resetting and factory resetting the revolve. Firmware is the most recent. Nothing changes the static. Reading around this community I have found a lot of evidence of people with the same problem over a period of years, for example here:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Portable-Archive/Bose-Revolve-static-noise/td-p/84184

Has Bose done anything about this problem? It's seems clear it's not just a defective unit but a problem with the whole product line, very disappointed to be sold such an expensive "high quality" product with this problem.

Highlighted

Re: Revolve Plus - Static / interference / distortion at low volume levels

Hello Jordanthomas, 

Welcome to the forums. 

I am so sorry that you are experiencing static with your Revolve+ speaker. I would love to help. The troubleshooting you have tried so far is great! There are a few things I would like to check with you: 

1. Is the speaker near any other wireless devices? 
  2. Does this happen with all audio sources and have you tried any other phones or Bluetooth devices?
  3. Is the speaker on charge when this happens?

There is also some great troubleshooting here, let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2020

Hi Vicki, thanks for your reply.

1. Speaker is not near any other wireless devices.
2. Tried an iPhone SE, iPhone XS, and a MacBook Air as sources.
3. Speaker is not on charge when this happens.

Actually, you can even hear the issue if you just plug in a 3.5mm AUX cable leaving the other end of the cable unplugged. It's like the Revolve+ is getting interference from itself.

What do you think?

Highlighted

Thanks for updating us on this Jordanthomas, 

We appreciate you answering these questions above. It's strange to see that the speaker also experiences this issue with no device connected. 

As the issue still persists, I'd recommend that we explore service options for the speaker by clicking this link here and visiting the Contact Us page. 

Sorry that this isn't something we could resolve here on the Community. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2020

There's a fair bit of evidence in this thread of other Revolve+ owners who have experienced the same issue, who've tried service options, only to receive replacement units which produce the same issue.

As a result, I'm not confident that chasing service options wouldn't be a waste of time. How can I get an acknowledgement from Bose that this is an issue, and that it is even possible to be repaired? Or that a firmware update could address it?