Aguilight
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2018

Bose Revolve wont play music after a call (iphone)

Really disappointed in how frustrating this situation is, I need to pair my bose revolve after each call since whenever I get a call the Bose speaker wont reconnect. 

It's also extremely embarrassing for Bose just how they act like this problem isn't there, its been almost a year since its happing and there hasn't been any fix. 

5 REPLIES 5
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose Revolve wont play music after a call (iphone)

Hey @Aguilight, thanks for posting! 

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with the connection to your SoundLink Revolve after taking a call. Do you take the call through your phone or the speaker? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Aguilight
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2018

after answering the call from my phone.

Already erased my phone to restore to factory default.

and already erased bluetooth list from Bose revolve twice this week. Problem keeps happening. 

Also updated to last firmware on all devices.

What can be done to solve this? 

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Aguilight(I do not work for Bose)

Some additional information might help

1. What is the make and model of your phone (and what operating system)

2. What app were you using to play music?

3. Was the music on your phone or streaming from somewhere else

4. If coming from the Internet, was your connection wifi (2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz) or 4g/5g

5. Does it happen for your initiated calls, incoming calls or both

6. How do you end the phone call - tapping on the phone or the multi-function button on the Revolve

7. Exactly what happens when the phone call ends.  Do you lose your bluetooth connection or just hear nothing (i.e., the app does not continue from where it left off)

8. Does it happen on all your music playing apps or just one in particular

I ask this question in hopes that perhaps someone at Bose or a user here can duplicate your situation. I have a Revolve and iPhone 12+ and I just played music, made a phone call (which stopped the music) and when I disconnected (both from the iPhone and from the Revolve multifunction key - tried it both ways), the music started playing again.

Aguilight
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2018

Thanks  @joelirwin I've been looking to solve this issue for a while and thought that by erasing all my phone settings and content it would stop happening but still does. I Have two revolve speakers and it happens with both of them. 

Heres the additional information: 

1. iPhone 11 Pro Max latest iOS version

2. Spotify

3. Streaming

4. Wifi and 3G, LTE happens in any circumstance 

5. Situation happens only when answering incoming calls

6. End the call by tapping on the phone

7. When ending the call the speaker wont reproduce any sound, from music, videos or any application. 

8. Happens with all music apps 

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Aguilight 

Which apps other than spotify do you have the problem with?  Can you play non-streaming music directly off your phone?

I have a iPhone 12+ and I streaming locally off my phone with the ecoute app and have never experience your issue.  So logic suggests there has got to be a difference between us.  I am not yet ready from what you have said so far to suggest you have a hardware issue with your Revolve.

(assume you have reinitialize you Revolve back to factory settings where it prompts for English and you have unpaired/removed manually through your iphone settings bluetooth, every Bose device there)