Bose Revolver keeps turning on annoyingly.

Silent Starter

Bose Revolver keeps turning on annoyingly.

Good Morning All,

After firmware update, my Bose Revolver keeps turning on. I tried everything (second upload of the firmware, resetting, removing application from my phone) but it still does. 

Best regards,

Onur

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bose Revolver keeps turning on annoyingly.

Hi here @Nrkyc and weclome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you've started experiencing with your Revolve and would be happy to help.

Thank you for the troubleshooting you have already attempted! Following on from this, can I confirm the following please?

1) When you say this is turning on, do you mean that this is turning on and playing, or just that the Battery LED is turning on? If this is just the LED, this is normal for the battery LED to turn on when connected to AC and the system is off.

2) What device(s) do you connect the Revolve to? If you disable Bluetooth (rather than disconnect) with those devices, does your unit still turn on of it's own? 

3) Likewise, if you clear the Bluetooth list of the Revolve by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until you hear a tone, does the system turn on by itself then?

Please return to me when you can!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz

Re: Bose Revolver keeps turning on annoyingly.

@Nrkyc 

Very common and talked about issue in many threads in this forum.  When you turn off the Revolve with the top on/off switch, it is not OFF - it goes into Bluetooth Low Energy mode (BLE).  You can actually check this yourself with one of many free apps on your phone - I use "BLE Scanner" on my iphone.  In BLE mode the Revolve will respond to other Bluetooth devices to perform some basic functions like turning on.  For example, the Revolve can be turned on by the Bose Connect app and also be turned on when put into Party mode.  Many also report than Windows PCs (not all - depends on which 3rd party Bluetooth vendor the PC uses) will also turn on the Revolve when they boot.  Bose does not consider this a bug (I don't work for Bose) but a 'by design' feature which is part of the BT 4.x standard.

Without evangelizing my personal views on what should have been or can be done (which I have checked in on over a dozen threads here), you really only have two current options: (1) you can un-pair the Revolve from all your devices when it's not in use or (2) there is a real OFF function where there is no BLE signal.  To turn the Revolve totally OFF hold down the multi-function key until all the lights blink.  To turn it on, you may have to hit the on/off switch multiple times.  Something you will have to remember to do EVERY time.