bvsram@yahoo.com
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2018

Bose Sound Docking station

Hi Friends.. I have a Bose dock station (purchased in 2012) which is compatible with iPod oldest version. after which I have purchased a Bose Bluetooth connector and started using this to connect with iPhone. Recently I have purchased a Amazon Alexa (Echo) model. I am trying to use Bose doc by syncing with Alexa. But I am not seeing any Bose app that supports connecting Bose soundtouch Doc with Alexa.

Can someone please help me on this ? How to connect these two and use ?

Looking forward to a solution from Bose community.

Thanks

Sitaram

1 REPLY 1
Vicky_W

Re: Bose Sound Docking station

Hello Sitaram, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

If you have used the Bluetooth adapter on your SoundDock, you will be able to follow the steps here to connect it with your speaker. Just to make you aware, if you connect via Bluetooth, the two devices may automatically "time-out" and enter standby mode, meaning the Amazon device no longer default to playing audio through the SoundDock.

You can also connect via a 3.5mm AUX lead if your Amazon device can output audio this way. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!