Bose SoundLink 2 not working with WhatsApp Voice Calls

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Bose SoundLink 2 not working with WhatsApp Voice Calls

Hi,

Just bought a new Bose SoundLink 2 today and it didn't work for both mine and my mom's Android phones for WhatsApp calls.

Works for normal calls and for music.

Has anyone else faced this? Is there a fix?

WhatsApp works with my 20$ speaker it's sad that it doesn't work on Bose. Bose just says call ended and disconnects from WhatsApp Everytime you try to make or pickup a WhatsApp call

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bose SoundLink 2 not working with WhatsApp Voice Calls

Hi Niixshade,

Thanks for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing issues with your SoundLink. I'll be happy to assist you! 

So I can give you the most accurate information, could you confirm what product you have? Once I have this information I can advise you further.

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Silent Starter

Message contains a hyperlink

Message contains a hyperlink Message contains an image

Hello Niixshade, 

Thanks for reporting back. 

I have just gone into our product room to test the SoundLink Color II and was successfully able to make a voice call on Whatsapp with the audio and microphone from the speaker being used throughout the conversation. 

With regards to troubleshooting this issue, can you please confirm: 

- What models of smartphone are being used? 

- Have you tried unpairing the smartphones and tried pairing them again? 

- Have you tried updating the firmware of the speaker? (To do this, please visit this link on a computer, then connect the speaker using the charging cable when prompted.)

It should be noted, that by default the smartphone I was using (iPhone XS MAX running iOS 12.3.2) wanted to play through the internal phone speaker by default, so I had to select the speaker as the output device on the call screen's menu. (see screenshots.) 

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-22 at 13.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-22 at 13 (1).jpg

I hope this helps, and if anyone else is having similar issues, please try the above steps and feel free to join in the conversation.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Quiet Contributor

Hello Team,

I too have issue with whatsapp call. I am using iphone 6s

# When I make call from whatsapp, the other person is not able to hear me even thought I have selected headphone option

# When somebody calls me, the sound works fine with headphone

# When somebody calls me and if I try to change the volume from phone, other person is unable to hear me after that, even though call is in bluetooth mode.

Also, in normal or whatsapp call, the other person is able to hear lot of background noise in amplified manner which makes the use of headphone not so pleasant.

Hello npsheth,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I am sorry that you are having trouble with your SoundLink product, please could you specify which SoundLink speaker you have? Have you tried any of the troubleshooting suggested by @Jeff_G?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Quiet Contributor

Hello npsheth,

Thanks for getting back to me, as this is an issue for SoundLink headphones not the SoundLink speakers; I would recommend we continue in the new thread you opened for this issue. As this would not be the correct thread as it is regarding SoundLink speakers. 

I look forward to talking with you further.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C