Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2020

Re: Bose SoundLink 2 not working with WhatsApp Voice Calls

I am currently experiencing the same problem with the Soundlink Revolve speaker. I do recall, however, that a few weeks back it was still working fine with WhatsApp audio and video. Can anyone help?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Hi,

I am facing a similar issue. Every time the phone (one plus 7 pro) goes into a whatsapp/ skype/ google duo/ zoom call, the speaker saying  " call ended" and disconnects with the phone. This is not a problem with a regular call.

I have updated the speaker to the latest software as suggested in your message.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2020

Hello,

I have Bose Soundlink Revolve 2.  It is a pity that Bose has not managed to resolve this quickly. A shame for the brand!

The speaker surely does not work for whatsapp calls.  Also, the speaker does not work with facetime calls.  I am using an iPhone XS.  

Are you going to fix this bug fully anytime soon? Please provide a clear yes or no answer.

Are Bose product manager and marketing manager aware of this technical glitch?

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

So in summary, for all future readers...

In my experience a SoundLink Revolve + (possible all the SoundLink ones) do not support the bluetooth profiles required to make speakerphone calls from most mobile apps (whatsapp, facebook messenger, skype...). It does work for me, however, from a PC.

But if like me, you're reading the tech specs and thinking this ought to let you do calls from your mobile phone... it won't.

Honestly, I wish Bose would either enable the right profiles if possible through firmware, or that they'd clearly state it on their documentation. honestly, expecting speaker phone to work with most mobile apps in 2020 isn't a such a surprising expectation...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

I have been using BOSE SoundLinkMini for a couple of years now. I am a happy customer for the most part, except whenever I am faced against this bug that everyone is complaining about.

This bug always annoys me whenever I am making or receiving a Whatsapp call.

It is honestly disabling the full potential of this speaker.

It took me a while before I mustered my energy and time to find a solution for this on the internet and to my surprise, folks around the world are facing the same issue. 

I for one thought this problem would have been resolved by BOSE with the solution at the end of this forum but sadly no.

I am not sure if BOSE is turning a blind eye on resolving this matter that the BOSE community has been highlighting for some time, I have seen some posts goes as old as 2015.

However, this is the facts, the number of Whatsapp and other VoIP users is more than 2 billion and counting. Let's take a ballpark figure of 0.01% out of the 2 billion users are BOSE customers, that would mean 200,000 people are not able to use the full potential of this speaker.

That is just a shame, people are not worried about the technicalities/how BOSE intends on fixing the problem, instead, we are only concerned about the user experience behind using BOSE products.

I hope BOSE takes this problem more seriously and looks to find a solution to avoid the loss of existing and potential customers.

By,

Someone who loves your products

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 16, 2020

This solution does not work on android based phones

Cannot use whatsapp,hangouts 

I purely bought a revolve 2 to take confrence calls for work ...just ended up loosing all the money due to this issue 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 16, 2020

I echo your opinion I have the same issue , the cheapest of speaker in the market works but not my revolve plus...I'm truly disappointed having blown away all this money especially when I got it only to take confrence calls 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 16, 2020

Great observation.. it happened to me once where bluetooth connected to whatsapp once.   But it was a fluke... However bose should be able to fix this...if the value their customers

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 16, 2020

Agree 100 percent

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 16, 2020

Were you using an Iphone?