Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Bose SoundLink® Bluetooth® Mobile speaker II not connecting well to mac

I've owned this speaker since it first came out. After updating my macbook pro to OS Catalina 10.15.2 my bose speaker doesn't pair well. I have to turn it on and off multiple times and only sometimes it will connect. I was wanting to update the speaker firmware so went to this page: https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/support/article/soundlink_wireless_mobile_download.html

After downloading it and opening it it says the program doesn't work. How can I update the firmware or make it so I can actually connect my speaker again?! I love this speaker and it's still going strong and the only problem is the software it seems now.

Tried doing it on an old laptop too... it downloaded the firmware program and I connected it to the back of the speaker and held down the AUX button but it never flashed or did anything. Thoughts?

Thanks,
-Justin-

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose SoundLink® Bluetooth® Mobile speaker II not connecting well to mac

Hi esoteric,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

The link you have included there is for the original SoundLink Mobile Bluetooth speaker, the SoundLink Bluetooth Mobile speaker II does not have any updates available for it, which will be why the update program is not working.

If you are having trouble connecting to your Mac since the Catalina update, what I would recommend doing is clearing the pairing between your MacBook and the speaker, and then reconnecting them. To clear the pairing on the speaker what you will want to do is turn it on, then press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until you hear a tone. After doing this, forget the speaker from your MacBooks Bluetooth device list, then re-pair them.

Let me know how this goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Yeah, I do that all the time, and it still has trouble connecting the first time. I need to keep going to bluetooth on the mac and accepting connection... then turning the speaker on and off... then the connection goes out after I listen to it for a while and start all over again.

I was really hoping there was an update.

Highlighted

Thanks for updating us on this Esoteric! 

Sorry to read that these steps didn't resolve this issue for you. Let's also go-ahead and factory reset the speaker, to do this please press and hold the Mute button for 10 seconds. The product lights flash, then turn off once reset. 

If the issue still persists after these steps, I'd recommend attempting to pair the speaker with a few other devices to see if the issue is directly with the Mac. 

We look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!