Markwb79
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

Bose SoundLink Color Bluetooth speaker II Not Charging

Hi,

I am having issues with my new speaker, it is not charging. 

The second I plug a cable in the light goes yellow, but then a split second later I just have a solid red light, either with the cradle or without. Into the mains or into a computer. 

I have checked that the software is up to date. 

I have also just followed the instructions to hold the middle button for 10seconds and disconect. When holding it, the power light flashes yellow for a second and then I disconnect. 

Thanks

Mark

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Bose SoundLink Color Bluetooth speaker II Not Charging

Hi there @Markwb79 and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you've had with your SoundLink Color II, and would be happy to help 😊.

Thank you for the troubleshooting you have already tried here concerning the software and reset.

Firstly, do you hear the confirmation tone when the speaker is connected to power? If not, as you have already used the cable and cradle, can I ask that you try a different cable and power outlet?

Following this, can I confirm if you are able to connect to this (either through AUX or Bluetooth) when this is plugged into power or whether this will not respond at all?

Please get back to me at your convenience.

Liam W - Community Support

Markwb79
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

Hi Liam,

Thanks for the reply, indeed, very frustrating. 

When I plug it into the lower or my laptop in this case, then I do hear a confirmation tone. Then followed by a solid red battery light. 

But nothing can connect to the speaker, not via bluetooth anyway. I will try and get a AUX cable to test that. 

Thanks 

Mark

Markwb79
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

Gutted!

Its still not working. 

Solid red light when plugged in. 

Please help!

Mark

Hi Markwb79, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I am sorry to hear that the issue still persists. 

Could you please attempt to put the speaker into ship mode via: 

1. Connect the speaker to a power outlet
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds
  3. While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power
  4. Release the Multi-function button.

Then please leave the speaker for a few hours and then connect it back to power. If the issue still persists after these steps then I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Please let the community know the result of the steps above. I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B