BravoCoqui
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2021

Bose SoundLink II Bluetooth Connectivity issues with MacBookPRO and BoseConnect App (U.S.)

Speakers were given to me as a Christmas present just over a year ago.  I followed all instructions to the letter.  At the beginning of December 2020, the speaker was not recognized by my MBP after I had upgraded to the latest iOS Big Sur.  The Bose Updater did not recognize it and therefore I could not connect it to my MBP.  I had to use my wife's MBP running on an older iOS for it to update the firmware on the Bose speakers.  It worked.  The speaker paired with my MBP and I was able to play music, etc.  Until recently it stopped pairing with my MBP a month or two ago.  It still paired with iPhone and the BoseConnect App.

But about a week ago the Bose Installer said "New Bose Updater Available". So I dowloaded it and the problems just got worse.  I am currently on the Version 3.0.5.

The connectivity issues abound now.  It pairs with MBP for 2-5seconds then forgets the pairing.  It used to say "disconnecting", now it is stealth with no warning.  I have reset speaker by holding power button. I have deleted all paired devices from MBP & restarted the computer.  I have deleted the Bose Connect app and reinstalled it 3x as of today. The app now does not even connect to the device. It asks you to drag the speaker to connect to bluetooth but it never does.  Meanwhile in bluetooth settings the speaker is connected to iPhone and continues to connect and disconnect from MBP.  Meanwhile other bluetooth devices connect to MBP and stay connected.  I can play music from the iPhone only.

This product is garbage.  Every time I call support for help, they are useless and always end with if you pay $55+ we will fix it.  What non-sense.  How about, create a worthwhile product that doesn't breakdown in less than a year and now since warranty "expired" please send money.

At this point too much time and energy wasted on trouble shooting a lemon.  It is my hunch that the connectivity issues are due to lack of proper software support from Bose.  

An unhappy customer that will not buy a Bose product.

Lastly, I just used my wife's MBP iOS Catalina.  It asked to upgrade Bose installer, etc.  While in the past this speaker paired with her MBP now it does the same as my MBP, it pairs for 2 seconds then disconnect stealthily and quietly. 

3 REPLIES 3
Marvin_B

Re: Bose SoundLink II Bluetooth Connectivity issues with MacBookPRO and BoseConnect App (U.S.)

Hi BravoCoqui,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Bluetooth connectivity. May we know what Soundlink II speaker are you referring to?

Please check by putting the serial number of the speaker on this LINK.

Let us know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
BravoCoqui
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2021

Re: Bose SoundLink II Bluetooth Connectivity issues with MacBookPRO and BoseConnect App (U.S.)

Hi Marvin:

I have done all those steps before and still the same issues.  My position has not changed on this lemon of a product.

App used to work,  New App does not work, App does not recognize speaker. Can not use App. Speaker only pairs with iPhone successfully.  Speaker only pairs to then disconnect with MBP for 2-3 seconds.

All this has happened after firmware upgrades and every time it is a shakedown for $ to fix a problem BOSE created.

Liam_G

Thank you for clarifying and I am sorry to hear you are still having issues. 

I would love to help out in any way we can however, we do need some information from you so that we can assist. 

I will need you to clarify what speaker you have so that I can provide the best troubleshooting suggestions. 
You can provide me with the name of your speaker by identifying it via placing the serial number of the speaker on this website to identify it. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!