Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Bose SoundLink Micro connection problem (Windows 10)

Dear Support,

I have a problem with my Bose ® SoundLink Micro connection to my PC (windows 10, x64). My computer recognize device and connect them without any problems. However, after restarting the system I can not choose the Bose as a speaker from desktop bar. In settings I still see my Speakers on connected device list but it does not work (no sound). So the only solution what I Found is to remove the device and Add Bluetooth device again. I have to do this every time when I restart my PC.

Is it any solution to have permanent connection with Bose as a default speaker?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Bose SoundLink Micro connection problem (Windows 10)

Hi there @bartek and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the connection difficulties you've had with your SoundLink Micro here and would be happy to help where I can.

In order to do so, can I ask for a bit more information here regarding your setup?

1) When you refer to "Restarting the system", I presume you are you referring to restarting the computer. When you do so, do you also power down the SoundLink Micro? 

2) When you power on the Bose SoundLink Micro, does this prompt you that this has connected to your computer name, or do you leave this turned on in Standby?

3) Have you manually updated your SoundLink Micro? This is done by connecting this to your computer via the USB-A-->Micro-B cable, and clicking here to go to our updater website. When there, please follow the instructions as prompted to update this 😊.

Please get back in touch with me when you can!

Liam W - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Hi Liam,

Thank you for quick reply.

1. Yes, I mean here restarting my computer. I do not power down my speakers.

2. When I turn off and turn on again I hear info that is connected to my PC.

3. I have already udpated my speakers to Version 2.6.0 🙂

best,

Bartek

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello bartek,

Thanks for getting back in touch with that information for us, it's great that you have already updated to the latest software as that removes a possible cause. We can begin with a few troubleshooting steps like resetting headphones and looking into the settings on the computer. 

To restore the factory default settings (Note: This reset erases all settings and returns your product to its default out-of-box state):

1. Power on your product
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds until the Bluetooth® light glows blue and you hear a voice prompt to select a language.

Next, you need to make sure that you have the correct settings, please follow the steps below:

1. Go back to Device manager.
  2. Click on the Bluetooth dropdown.
  3. Right-click on your Bluetooth Adapter choose Properties.
  4. Go to the Power Management Tab.
  5. Uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Hi Zoe,

Thank you for these solutions. It seems that updating the software rosslved my problems. Now, after restarting the windows, my speakers are automatically connected and recognized as a default speakers.

Thank you very much for help.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello bartek,

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting me know I am so glad that this has worked for you! Letting us know what helped you solve your issue is very helpful for other members of the community who might have the same issue as you get to their solution quicker. 

Should you need anything else then please get in touch, have a lovely day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Everything seems correct to me right now. Really, updating the software made a huge difference 🙂

We can close this topic then.

best,

Bartek

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 9, 2020

Bose Soundlink Micro and Windows 10 PC

Hi, I just purchased a Bose Soundlink Micro and am trying to connect it to my Windows 10 PC. I am in the U.S. I used the Bose Connect app to connect to my iPad which worked and then I disconnected it from my iPad and attempted to connect to my laptop via Bluetooth. I also plugged it into the USB port and tried to download a update driver from the Bose website. Nothing worked. Help?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

I have updated firmware to the micro soundlink bose speaker. It is listed as paired on my laptop. No audio.Works fine from my cel.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

Did not work.