Highlighted
bkbkev
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Bose Soundlink 1- Blinking Red Battery Light

I've seen this subject posted several times but have not come across a solution to my specific (old) speaker. I haven't used my speaker in some time and it is unresponsive. I recall previously when left idle I had to hold some combination of buttons held to bring it out of sleep, hibernation, etc. but I can't find the combination specific to the Soundlink I and everything I've found for other models fails to do anything other than bring up a flashing red battery light. I've tried the updater but it doesn't acknowledge my speaker when plugged in.

Any ideas?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose Soundlink 1- Blinking Red Battery Light

Hello bkbkev,

Thanks for writing in, welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some battery issues with your speaker. 

So that I can provide you with the most accurate information, can you please confirm what SoundLink product you own? You can use this link to help you identify your product.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

bkbkev
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

It's a Soundlink Bluetooth Mobile speaker II.

I tried holding the mute button for 10 seconds but no lights blinked and it still will not power on.

Hey bkbkev, 

Thank you for posting and making us aware of this! Sorry to hear that performing a reset did not resolve this issue for you. 

As far as I am aware there isn't a ship mode for this product. Can you please attempt to charge the speaker via a different outlet to ensure that it is being correctly charged? 

If the speaker still doesn't power on after testing a different outlet then, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Please do update us on the result of the steps and your call. I would recommend that other users try all of the steps that are listed in this thread before contacting support. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B