Josh Ruszala
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2021

Bose Soundlink Color II no sound

My Bose Soundlink Color II has worked fine for over a year. Today when I turned it on it says “Batt”— *pop* and then it cuts out. It still connects to my iPhone, but when I start to play a song I hear one second of playback and then *pop* followed by silence, although playback continues according to my device. The speaker stays powered on and maintains a Bluetooth connection, but it can’t get through more than a second of audio playback, whether it’s a voice prompt from the speaker or a song from my device, without making a popping sound followed by silence.

Firmware is 3.0.5 according to the Bose App, although I’m unsure how recently this update was installed.

I’ve tried a hard reset by connecting to power, holding the multifunction button for 10 seconds, disconnecting from power, releasing the button, and then plugging it back in. This had no effect on the issue.

I’ve also tried holding the volume button while powered on for 10 seconds until the Bluetooth light turns blue and the prompt to select a langue begins, before also being cut off by a pop sound, followed by silence.

Sounds to me like the speaker may be damaged, but I’m unsure, because the audio sounds crystal clear for the second of playback preceding the pop sound and silence. Any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
Jessie_O

Re: Bose Soundlink Color II no sound

Hey Josh Roszala, 

Thank you so much for reaching out to us! I'm sorry to learn of the issues with your SoundLink Color II and will be happy to point you in the right direction. 

Based on your post, it appears as though you have tried all the troubleshooting shooting steps we would recommend. Therefore, I would recommend reaching out to your local technical support team for assistance as your speaker may have developed a hardware fault. You can contact them by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. We will do all we can to assist you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!