Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Re: Bose Soundlink Color II, not charging, no power, flashing lights

I have tried updating the speaker through the Bose Connect app and the online Bose Updater.  Neither works because it says the speaker is too low power.  It says the speaker needs to charge to 20% to update.  Unfortunately, because the speaker won't charge, I can't get to 20% to update.  I think that updating may fix my problem, but I can't get the charge to the proper level for the speaker to charge.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Re: Bose SoundLink Color II, not charging, no power, flashing lights

This is a good idea.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 23, 2019

I have tried resetting and recharging with no success. Tried to update firmware but it says to charge my unit which of course I cannot do.

Highlighted

Hello Mdudley, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community Forums.

I am so sorry you are having this issue. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your speaker. The steps to do this are listed in this thread. All of our products come with a limited warranty from the date of purchase as long as you have the receipt. 

If you have any questions, please let me know. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 17, 2019

Same frustration.  All the suggestions say if they don't work call customer service.  Their only solution was to buy another one, the same, with the same problems for $75.  Hard to believe.  I think that if you don't use your speakers often, and charge it often, this is not the speaker for you- and they should tell you that up front!  Very bad customer service- we have bought numerous Bose products for years.  No more. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2020

Same issue here. Was using my speaker on Saturday, battery was running low so I turned it off. Went to charge it Monday and nothing. Did the typical troubleshooting search on the interwebs and tried every single solution presented (multi-function hold down while plugged in, power button, others?).

Now, when I plug it into my computer, the power light flashes once, then a few seconds later all three LEDs flash simultaneously. It's not charging, won't turn on, nothing. It's a brick.

Anybody have a solution for this other than buying a brand new unit?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

they are very a stupid company .their battery is fine but using a bad software to control the low battery issue and the software is caused not charging  .  I saw many customers having the same issue but never fixing ..I think ..The company is going to suicide  ....why you guys can't give a new software update to fix the issue ?????????? SO ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY 

Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Users take note:  

I had similar problem with my brand new speaker; it worked fine but when battery got low it wouldn't charge.  I found within the archives instructions on how to reboot the device, but that didn't work either.  I tried multiple outlets and multiple "charging blocks".  At a loss, I wanted to see if there were written instructions that came with the device, and when I found the box there --  still inside the box -- was the ORIGINAL CORD.  I had been attempting to charge it with the wrong cord!  Ends were the same, but the cord to my speaker was much heavier.  All is well, device is charging nicely.  Now, to figure out what this wrong cord goes to...

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

Same problem as so many people.   I have two of these.  A sound link color  1 and 2.  I had to get one as I left mine home. they worked fine for quite a while.  Then the Sound Link 1 failed about 2 weeks ago.  Could not reset or anything.  I already packed my sound link color 2.  Of course when I arrived in Thailand and needed to play something for my band to here.  It died. Same problem cannot be fixed. Of course what really sucks is that I now have to travel around the world with a paper weight because I will not be home for 2 mos.   As a reface I am an audio engineer and have tried all the steps. Probably just thrown these all in the bin.  I am endorsed by many manufactures, however I have actually purchased many Bose products.  I guess they are now getting complacent. time to move on....   I also have the more expensive Bose Sound Link but the bluetooth stinks.  Sorry guys - ya lost me.

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Reduction in quality is an issue for most products we use - not just speakers.  This stems, I believe, from people demanding low prices.  So in order to get your business, manufacturers go with the cheapest possible options and this often affects quality. For the record:  I'm enjoying my Bose speaker.