Dsmyrz57
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 5, 2019

Bose Soundlink Color II, not charging, no power, flashing lights

My Bose Color II won't charge. The lights won't come on, or they will flash all three lights and then go right out. I charged it last nigh ok, and ran it all day today, until it went dead, then went to charge it and it won't charge. I am BEYOND angry! That's a lot of money to spend on such a good product, only to now not be able to use it. So now what???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Bose Soundlink Color II, not charging, no power, flashing lights

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hey Dsmyrz57,

Thanks for updating us. I completely understand your frustration, especially if the speaker is only several months old. 

It seems like your speaker has developed a hardware fault. I encourage you to reach out directly to support in your location by clicking HERE, select your region and use the "Contact Us" feature at the bottom of the page to explore available service options, for the fastest resolution.

If you have any additional questions, please reach out again and we'd love to help in any way that we can. 

Kindest,

Andy B

33 REPLIES 33

Hello Dsmyrz57,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your SoundLink Color II. I would be more than happy to help you today, I would recommend trying a product reboot. 

To reset your product:

Note: A reset clears all product settings, including Bluetooth® device memory and language selection, and returns the product to its original out-of-box state.

• Turn on your speaker, then press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds until the Bluetooth light blinks blue and a voice prompt instructs you to select a language.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

ngibbons
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 9, 2019

My Bose Sound Color Link also died and i tried to charge it and it wont charge no lights,i Looked all online and cant find a Solution im so Dissapointed

Hello @ngibbons,

Thank you for your message, welcome to the community. I am so sorry for the disappointment that this issue has caused.

Can you please inform me with what troubleshooting you have attempted so I can see if there are any other things we can try to get this resolved.

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Dsmyrz57
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 5, 2019

Well here’s the problem with that option....it hasn’t any power to turn on because it won’t charge in the first place! So there lies the problem. If it would charge, then I may be able to reset it. So basically now I just have a very expensive paper weight. I am VERY disappointed in Bose right now. I was relying on the Bose name for a high quality product. Little did I know it would only last three months!

Me too.....VERY DISAPPOINTED!  I can’t believe I spent that much money on a Bose paper weight. 

Actually there is no troubleshooting that can be done, other then try another charging wire. It won’t turn on at all, because it needs charged, and it won’t charge. So i’m Not sure what troubleshooting can be done?

Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hey Dsmyrz57,

Thanks for updating us. I completely understand your frustration, especially if the speaker is only several months old. 

It seems like your speaker has developed a hardware fault. I encourage you to reach out directly to support in your location by clicking HERE, select your region and use the "Contact Us" feature at the bottom of the page to explore available service options, for the fastest resolution.

If you have any additional questions, please reach out again and we'd love to help in any way that we can. 

Kindest,

Andy B

rymuller19
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 14, 2019

My soundlink color II is also having issues working. I've plugged it into multiple outlets and my computer. Tried a reset and it would come on and connect for a few seconds and die again, all while the charger is plugged in. I just can't figure out how to get it charging

Russeb
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Hello Bose Community.  I, too, have the problem of not being able to charge my Bose Soundlink II. It is completely dead!  No combination of cable changes, power supply changes, button resets,software updates, etc. work.

It is, as a previous member stated, an expensive paper weight!!  Would be nice if Bose would address this issue, and come up with a fix/replacement program for defective units.

Russeb

Alarcão
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

I have exactly the same story to report. Mine has ceased functioning after only a couple of months and none of the troubleshooting tips worked. I am beyond frustrated. I chose BOSE for its brand name reputation. This is the first BOSE product I have ever purchased.

Hi Alarcao, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist further. I can only apologize for this inconvenience and understand your frustration with this issue. 

Firstly, can you please confirm which troubleshooting steps you have attempted so far? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B