BoseFace
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

Bose Soundlink II too much bass

Hi 

I have the complaint that this speaker is trying too hard in the bass department.  There is no way to run it quietly with good sound.

Ive seen this advice

1. Connect the speaker to power
2. Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds
3. While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power
4. Release the Multi-function button

Some guy said thanks it worked, but nobody ever said what exactly this function is supposed to do.  In my case it didnt change anything. 

The unlabeled buttons and cryptic procedures, power super-hibernation are annoying. 

Can I turn the nightclub bass down somehow?  Thanks for any help

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose Soundlink II too much bass

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing excessive bass on your SoundLink II speaker.

The speaker has no way of adjusting bass frequencies so I would first recommend checking your media device for any bass adjustment options as this may help bring the lower frequencies to a more desirable level. I would also suggest moving the speaker away from any corners or nearby walls as this can have an effect on bass frequencies. 

Finally, if this is an issue that has only recently occurred and the speaker has suddenly become overly bass-heavy, I would recommend reaching out to local support here to discuss your options for service.

I hope this helps. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support