Highlighted
oppastopa
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 29, 2019

Bose Soundlink Micro Distortion, loss of quality.

Hi, 

I purchased a black Bose Soundlink Micro from Best Buy less than 6 months ago and the audio just started crackling and buzzing. There is less bass, more distortion, and I fear my expensive speaker is already practically useless and terrible sounding. I am trying to figure out if there is anything I can do to fix these issues, OR how do I go about claiming the 1 year (??) warranty with Bose.

Sadly, I bought this speaker at Best Buy and I fear they will not help.

I'm pretty disappointed in this quality, I used to use a Boombotix Pro every day which lasted a little over 3 years. Not even getting a year out of this product is disheartening. 

6 REPLIES 6
jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Bose Soundlink Micro Distortion, loss of quality.

Best Buy has nothing to do with it at this point.  You need to deal directly with Bose Support.  Click the link at the top of the page.

Hello oppastopa, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'd like to apologize for any issues you are experiencing with your SoundLink Micro Bluetooth speaker. I will be more than happy to assist you with this.

Does this happen with all devices that are connected?

First, please reset the speaker. To do this, press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds until the Bluetooth® light glows blue and you hear a voice prompt to select a language.

Next, please check for any available firmware updates. This can be done by visiting btu.bose.com on your computer.

Once you have done this, please get back to me and let me know if the issue persists.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

oppastopa
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 29, 2019

I'm sorry, after updating the firmware and doing a reset the hardware is still distorted and getting worse as time goes on. 

Hello Oppastopa,

Thanks for reaching out and updating us on your isue.

I am so sorry you are still having this issue. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your speaker. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

I hope that you get this resolved. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

oppastopa
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 29, 2019

After I click 'contact us' what do I do after that? Do I start a text/chat message, or make a phone call? 

Hello oppastopa,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

You can choose any form of communication that is provided to you on our contact page. I would recommend calling for the most immediate response. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M