Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Bose Soundlink Mini II ----Buzzing noise from aux connection

I am getting a loud buzz from the speaker when using the aux connection after I power off the PC. The buzz continues even if I then disconnect the aux cable.  The buzz occurs even if not in the charging cradle. I tried a different aux cable and it made no difference. If I touch the end of the aux cable then the buzz gets even louder. If I use a BT connection and then power off the PC then there isn't any buzz noise coming from the speaker.  It appears that the software in the device doesn't disconnect the internal audio path once the aux audio signal from the PC is terminated.

[REMOVED BY MODERATOR.]

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Soundlink Mini 2 50hz hum on aux input

This issue has been documented all over the internet and on this forum for many years.

If one connects a device to the aux in on the speaker it generates a 50Hz hum. This hum can only be stopped by disconnecting the power supply. I use this speaker as a PC monitor so this is not practical. Most other 4.5 to 5 V DC power supplies are only 500ma (as against 1000ma (1A)) and therefore cannot charge the speaker. (and yes, i tried a new cable).

One would think that a prestigious company like Bose would have sorted this issue out years ago, I have had many Bose products in the past and was looking at Bose sound bars and outside speakers. This issue has made me re-think this choice..

Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundlink Mini II ----Buzzing noise from aux connection

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundLink Mini II when using the AUX connection.

As advised by the agent you spoke with on the phone, what you have described is normal behavior. This will happen if the cable remains connected to the speaker.

As you may notice the series II speaker does not feature a physical AUX button, whereas the series I speaker does. This is because the series II features a sensor that detects when an AUX cable is inserted and will remain active until the cable is removed.

I hope this clears things up.

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

The buzz is unacceptable. Why does Bose continue to advertise this product containing this defect? And yes, I did receive and advertisement from Bose today for the Soundlink Mini II. This problem should be detectable and then by-passed with a software update.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

I am experiencing the same issue reported here. 

Are there any plans to permanently address this with a software update. Having to disconnect the aux cable from my docked laptop after every use is a poor user experience

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2020

Re: Soundlink Mini 2 50hz hum on aux input

I agree and have the same issue

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2020

I have the same issue.  This design flaw is annoying and should be addessed