CAIDENROX
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Bose Soundlink Mini II Will Not Charge. Cannot Reset with Multifunction Button.

I have a speaker that refuses to charge and attempting a factory reset does not work. I've plugged in a USB cable directly to the speaker and it will only flash the battery indicator red. When I attempt to factory reset by holding the multifunction button, the battery indicator turns yellow like it's supposed to but when I unplug the USB cable, the light turns off completely. The speaker does not turn on after pressing the power button and after plugging it back in, the light starts flashing red again. I suspect the battery is faulty. Am I correct?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose Soundlink Mini II Will Not Charge. Cannot Reset with Multifunction Button.

Hello CAIDENROX, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with charging your SoundLink Mini II. 

Thank you for attempting some troubleshooting prior to getting in touch. 

You have stated that you performed a reset, can you confirm this was performed by the following instruction; 

• Power on your product
  • Press and hold the Power button for ten seconds until the product powers off.

We would just like to ensure that this was done correctly. 

The red flashing LED would indicate towards a battery error. However there is some other troubleshooting we can attempt. 

Can you attempt using a different charging cable? As well as charging via a different working outlet? 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

CAIDENROX
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Re: Bose Soundlink Mini II Will Not Charge. Cannot Reset with Multifunction Button.

Unfortunately, I am unable to power on the speaker full stop. The power button is non responsive whether it's plugged in or not. I could hold it down for a full minute and still have no response. Again, it only flashes the battery indicator when plugged in and as soon as the cable is unplugged, it cuts off completely. 

I have attempted using several different chargers, cables and using the dock and bypassing it completely. All of the wall adaptors I tested were able to provide a maximum of 2.1A and the original charger also yields the same results.

Hello Caidenrox,

Thanks for getting back to us so quickly. 

I am sorry this still persists for you, I can understand it must be frustrating. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your speaker. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

I am sure a member of our customer service team will be able to find a solution to get this fixed for you!

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W