Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Bose Soundlink Mini II connection & playing issues

My Bose Soundlink Mini II speakers work, connect, and play completely fine with my iPhone X but when I connect it to my Macbook Pro it will connect and when I play music it won't play through the speaker and then it will randomly disconnect.

Sometimes the name of my Macbook Pro will change to the device number (like PMUSB....) instead of the name of my macbook which is how I set it up as through my settings.

Does anyone know what to do with this issue? I've restarted my laptop, cleared the device list on the Bose speaker, as well as my Macbook but it still won't work 😕 please help! 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundlink Mini II connection & playing issues

Hello r_pae, 

Sorry to hear you're unable to connect your SoundLink Mini II to your MacBook, I would love to help. Thanks for already trying some great troubleshooting. 

Have you tried the connectivity support provided here?

Let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Hi,

I tried to do each step but I'm unable to do steps 10-15 because the speaker will disconnect or there's no option to "reject incoming audios" and the bose speaker won't pop up on the output sound page.

Highlighted

Please ignore this step and continue. This step isn't visible on all version of Mac OS, but doesn't play a huge part in the troubleshooting steps.

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!