Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Bose Soundlink Mini Won't Turn On - No Lights At All

Hi there

I bought a Bose Soundlink Mini back in 2014. It's not been used a lot really, just every now and again. A year or so ago, the docking cradle seemed to stop working, but I could borrow my Mum's. Then I realised that I could use a micro USB directly into the speaker and that seemed to work. 

But now it's dead as a dodo. I've tried charging with different USB cables. Nothing seems to happen. No lights, no sounds... nothing. I tried resetting by holding mute for more than 10s. Still nothing.

Any ideas to help me. I'm disappointed I can't use it.

Thanks

Richard

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bose Soundlink Mini Won't Turn On - No Lights At All

Hi s123rph, 

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. I am sorry to hear of this experience you are having with your SoundLink Mini. We appreciate you attempting some prior troubleshooting, these were good first steps to take, sorry this persists. 

Have you tried charging your speaker from a different outlet?

I would also check if the battery on your product was ever removed and reconnected or replaced, be sure it is securely attached. If not, it might not be making a proper connection.

Do let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Hi Tegan

I've tried multiple different power outlets and different cables. It doesn't seem to make a difference.

Also, the battery has never been removed.

What do you suggest next?

Thanks
Richard

Hi Richard, 

Thanks for attempting this, I am sorry that this issue persists. 

As you have tried all the troubleshooting in which we would suggest, I would recommend that you reach out to your local Bose product support team for further assistance. Our local support team can be contacted via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Soundlink Mini won’t turn on

my Bose SoundLink Mini 1 will

not turn on the charging indicator will not light up, I don’t know if I need a new speaker or battery?

Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2020

SoundLink Mini 2014-15 Stop Working

I bought my BoseLink Mini between 2014-15 when I was living in the USA, because of an exchange.

In 2015 I bought another BoseLink Mini as a gift for my father.

In 2020 my speaker stopped calling. I tried the following steps:

-Reset the speaker by pressing the mute button for 10s
-Reset the speaker by pressing the volume buttons for 10s
-I left it charging for 1h, with the original charger, I always use the original charger, and it didn't work either.

I believe it is not a software update problem, as my father's speaker, that I bought at the same year I bought mine, continues to work perfectly.

Please, has anyone been through this and can help me?

I currently live in Brazil.