Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2020

Bose Soundlink Mini

• Hi, can you help me solve or atleast advice because my bose soundlink mini 1 turns off when volume up.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundlink Mini

Hey there Crisispinoy, 

You have come to the right place for help. Let's get this resolved for you. What you are experiencing is rather unusual, and not something I have come across before. But I am sure we can fix this. I would just like to test the speaker is charging properly first, to rule this out: 

1. Be sure the power cord is plugged into a working power outlet. When properly connected to an AC outlet the system will emit “beep-boop” tones confirming that it is receiving power. If the wall outlet is recessed by a decorative wall plate the power supply it may not fully connect. Also, if the outlet is controlled by a wall switch, make sure the switch is in the On position. Test the outlet with another device, such as a lamp. If necessary, plug the system into a different outlet.

2. Bypass the charging cradle, if applicable. Connect the power supply directly to the SoundLink speaker.

3. If the battery was previously removed, be sure it is securely reconnected. If the battery was ever removed and reconnected or replaced, be sure it is securely attached. If it feels loose, it might not be making a proper connection with the product.

Next, we will want to reset the product. This can help to resolve any minor issues and it will give everything a quick refresh. On the top of the speaker, press and hold the Mute button for 10 seconds. The product lights will flash while resetting and then turn off. Note: Do not try to remove the battery from the product. Doing so has no added benefit and could damage the product.

It would be great to know if this happens with all audio sources connected or just a specific device? Also, what volume does the speaker need to be on for this to happen? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!