Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2021

Bose Soundlink Revolve - bluetooth connected to PC, won't play

Speaker will not play through Bluetooth on PC. Speakers does connect and play with iPod and IPhone. Other speaker devices (headphones, other speakers) easily connect with PC. PC says it is connected. Bose speaker announces that it is connected but it never "transfers" to speakers from PC.

Where do you run into the issue?

At home

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

First attempt (new speaker)/has never played on PC

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Disconnected and removed device several times and added back and reconnected

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose Soundlink Revolve - bluetooth connected to PC, won't play

Author Accepted Answer selected by nightowl1224

Hello nightowl1224, 

Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues playing music on your PC. 

When paired, can you please check your audio output settings to ensure your speaker is the selected output device. A quick way to do this is to click on the speaker icon in your taskbar. The selected audio output will show above the volume slider. If it says anything besides SoundLink Revolve, click on the name, then choose the revolve from the list. 

If the issue only occurs with certain sources, you may need to check the audio routing settings on the PC. To do this, go to Windows > Settings > System > Sound > under Advanced Sound Options, click App volume  device preferences. Here you will see a list of apps running on your PC that use audio. You can choose the inputs/outputs. Ensure these are set to play through the speaker. This is also handy when you have an app you don't want to play through the speaker. For example, chat service notifications. 

I hope this helps! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Author Accepted Answer selected by nightowl1224

Hello nightowl1224, 

Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues playing music on your PC. 

When paired, can you please check your audio output settings to ensure your speaker is the selected output device. A quick way to do this is to click on the speaker icon in your taskbar. The selected audio output will show above the volume slider. If it says anything besides SoundLink Revolve, click on the name, then choose the revolve from the list. 

If the issue only occurs with certain sources, you may need to check the audio routing settings on the PC. To do this, go to Windows > Settings > System > Sound > under Advanced Sound Options, click App volume  device preferences. Here you will see a list of apps running on your PC that use audio. You can choose the inputs/outputs. Ensure these are set to play through the speaker. This is also handy when you have an app you don't want to play through the speaker. For example, chat service notifications. 

I hope this helps! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2021

Thanks so much! Suggestion in first paragraph did the trick in 5 seconds. So simple but would have never figured out on my own.