Highlighted
jeanross
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

Bose Soundlink Revolve + cuts out on high volume

I have a Bose soundlink Revolve + speaker, and when the volume goes more than 50% it cuts out. I have used it for a few months and mostly play music on high volume. Does it simply cut out because of a protection mode? If someone can give more information on this please, I'd be so grateful! Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose Soundlink Revolve + cuts out on high volume

Hello jeanross,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, that's very strange that your speaker is turning off when you are using it at a higher volume. I would be more than happy to help you out with this today, can I confirm if you are using a Bluetooth or Aux connection? Does this only happen with certain sources or all sources? What troubleshooting have you already tried? Is this s new speaker or did the speaker as it should before?

In the meantime, we can try some simple troubleshooting to see if we can get the speaker working as it should, you need to perform a reset and clear the pairing list of the speaker as well as the device you are using to connect to the speaker. 

To reset your product:

1. Disconnect the power cord
  2. Power on your product using battery power

To clear the product memory of connected Bluetooth® devices:

1. Power on your product
  2. Press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until you hear a tone.

I hope this helps, I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,
Zoe C - Communtiy Support 

jeanross
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

Hi Zoe,

Apologies for only getting back to you now.

So after my last message, I got my speaker back from the service center who replaced my speaker under warranty. They could not find the problem. 

I used my new Bose Revolve + for 2 weeks and it did the same thing, cut's out above 50% volume. 

The bose store says that I overuse my speaker, because I play it too loud at Yoga workshops. I told them it cannot be true, the speaker should be able to handle full volume and any kind of music. I also said that there should be some kind of warning for this. I only play it loud for about 2 hours, once a week, so this seems ridiculous that the speaker just blew out. 

They took this latest  speaker to the service center again, this time saying that it needs a new driver and amplifier board.. they want to charge me for repairing it, about $200. Even though it is still under warranty, they say I overused it. 

Please could you tell me whether they can do this? I have a legitimate warranty, and only used the speaker for its purpose. Very disappointed that it won't be fixed under the warranty, I would greatly appreciate any advice on whether I can claim a free repair on this speaker.

Thank you so much. 

Jean

Hello Jean, 

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues with your speaker.

It should be possible to use the speaker in excess of the 50% volume level. If the speaker has failed during normal use within the warranty period, then this should be covered by the Bose warranty. While I cannot assist via this communication channel, I would certainly recommend discussing this with Bose support in your country. Details for support can be found here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support