sid7132
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2020

Bose Soundlink Revolve+ wont connect to any macbooks

Hello everyone, I'm not a tech newbie and I've been really struggling with this one.

I have a Bose Soundlink Revolve+ which worked beautifully with my 2015 MacBook Pro 13" Retina. It would work both with Bluetooth and AUX.

Very recently, my bose has stopped connecting with my MacBook. What's really weird is that the Bose connects seamlessly to my iPhone XS but doesn't connect to even my friend's 2017 MacBook Pro TouchBar. It seems like my Bose just won't connect to laptops in general. I'm talking BOTH aux and Bluetooth won't work with my laptop. My laptop, I confirm works with other Bluetooth devices like my Logitech keyboard and Apple trackpad.

Let me explain what exactly happens in more detail, I press the on button on my bose, turn on Bluetooth pairing. I go to my laptop's Bluetooth settings and connect it. My bose CONNECTS but as soon as I try and change my sound output to BOSE, it won't show the option and disconnect. Same on my friend's laptop. My laptop won't acknowledge the bose even when it's connected with an AUX wire. 

I followed some online tutorials to reset my Bluetooth module on my laptop, but no luck. I urgently need my BOSE to attend my online classes as my laptop speakers don't work and I really am struggling. Any help would be appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
Jessie_O

Re: Bose Soundlink Revolve+ wont connect to any macbooks

Hey Sid7132, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with connecting your Revolve + speaker to your Mac. I'll be more than happy to help! 

I would recommend clearing the pairing list of the speaker. I have included a LINK HERE, to assist you with how to do that. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!