Suresh1315
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Bose Soundlink mIni II - Green Light always ON

It battery light indicates whether or not it is charged and whether it is powered on or off. I have tried resetting the speaker and unpairing all my devices. I cannot detect any interference in the area. Still shows the green light and sometimes blinkingIMG_6134.JPG. It only does it while it is connected to the battery. Any suggestions as to why it is doing this and what can be done?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Bose Soundlink mIni II - Green Light always ON

Hi Suresh1315, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to hear that you are having this strange issue and would love to assist you further! 

When you state that the speaker is connected to the battery do you mean that the speaker is connected to power or just powered on via the battery? 

I look forward to hearing back from you and any other community members that are experiencing this issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Suresh1315
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

The speaker is connected to powered on via the battery? Even, I didnt turn on the the speaker. But the battery light always on.

Hi Suresh1315, 

Thanks for updating me on this! This isn't something that I have come across before. 

Are you able to put the speaker into ship mode? This can be done via: 

• Connect the speaker to a power outlet
  • Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds
  • While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power
  • Release the Multi-function button.

Please allow the speaker a few hours to discharge before powering it up again via an outlet connection. I look forward to hearing back from you regarding the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Suresh1315
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Hello Hector,

I already tried your suggestion. But it still same...

• Connect the speaker to a power outlet
  • Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds
  • While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power
  • Release the Multi-function button.

Even release button, the light always on. 

I put the speaker for more than 10 hours and  light is ON always.

Hello Suresh1315. 

Thanks for getting back in touch.

This is certainly unusual.

I would recommend trying the following in an attempt to further troubleshoot the issue: 

1. Power the speaker on, use it till the battery is fully depleted, then charge it back up. Check the LED status. Has it changed? Or are you still seeing the same constant green LED?

2. Update the speaker. Visit this link on a computer, then follow the on-screen instructions. The charging cable can be used to connect to your computer.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on. Please report back if you have the opportunity. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Suresh1315
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Hi Hector,

Software is up to date as shown below photo. I will try the 1st point and get back to you.

Untitled.jpg

Thanks, Suresh.

I'll look forward to your response. 

Kind regards 

Jeff G

Suresh1315
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

After drain the battery fully and charge the battery using power. The light started to glow always as same as before...

still the light is always on condition.image.jpg

Hello Suresh1315,

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I think it is safe to say this is just a miscommunication between the LED and the battery. Other than the always-on state of the LED, it would appear it is not negatively affecting your usage, but moving forward, if you wish to discuss service, please reach out to support in your country here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G