Sinbad
Participant
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Bose Soundlink mini II not charging, no lights

So, I've been trying to find an answer why my Bose Soundlink mini II is not working. But the previous topics placed don't seem to resemble our problem fully.

We've been using our speaker the last year with a lot of enjoyment, but suddenly it stopped charging (sometimes the orange light comes on, but then stops after a few seconds), it is not turning on and when it is turning on it doesn't show any lights. Also if it is able to turn on, it says only: ''Ready to pair'', instead of the usual start: ''Battery ... percent''. The aux-connection doesn't seem to work either anymore. 

If we are able to turn it on and pair with bluetooth (the only way we seem to be able to connect), it connects for 10 seconds playing music and then shuts down. 

We've tried different plugs, we've tried to reset and we were trying to update the firmware, but that doesn't work when the USB-connection to the computer is not establishing. The reset let us hear the first words and reaction from the speaker again, but it just minimilizes to choose language. After that it says: ''Ready to pair''. And like I've mentioned before it just shuts down then. 

I hope anyone can help us with this problem, because we are missing out a lot of good evenings without our Bose-speaker.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Greetings Sinbad

5 REPLIES 5
Hector_B

Re: Bose Soundlink mini II not charging, no lights

Hey Sinbad, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you have had this experience with your speaker, we appreciate the steps that you have attempted so far. 

As you have already attempted all of the steps that we would recommend for an issue like this and you are still having the same problem, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Please do update us on the result of your call and if any other users are having a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Theshack
Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2019

I am having a similar problem.  My Mini II is stuck on a flashing red light.  Attempts to reset have failed.  Since new it has only played music for around 3-4 hours on a  100% charge before going dead.  Not the performance or quality I expected from BOSE....

Jessie_O

Hi Theshack, 

Thank you for your post and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your system, this is not normal behavior, allow us to assist you. I would recommend following the troubleshooting steps which have been outlined in this thread. If this does not resolve your issue, I would suggest contacting our technical support team using the link in Hector's post above.  

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
lausquires
Participant
Registered since

Aug 17, 2020

I'm having the same problem with my Bose Soundlink II, too. 

It was working great then suddenly stopped taking a charge. Whenever it's connected to the charger, the red charging light is continuously flashing but not taking on a charge. 

When I follow the links to service and repair, entering my serial number, I'm notified that Bose can not offer assistance with this product at this time. 

Can you please advise how to contact Bose other than via phone to coordinate service and repair?

Thanks, 

Lauren

Wrighty1889
Participant
Registered since

Aug 17, 2020

Good Morning,

This has happened twice to me.

1. Ensure the Speaker is updated to the latest software version, currently it should be 1.1.14. To access the online updater go here: https://btu.bose.com/?p=-1#section=device

2. If the speaker is already updated and the Updater shows the latest version as being 1.1.14 proceed to press the following 'a' 'd' 'v' 'up arrow' 'down arrow'. It will only show the same software as being available but you can re-install it. This fixes the issue.

Hope this works.

Adam