Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Bose Soundlink portable speaker 2

USA

So I started having problems when Bluetooth didn't work. I solved that problem by holding down the mute button on the top of the speaker for 10 seconds. It worked fine for a couple days and then stopped working again. Now the battery light switches back and forth between green and orange even though the speaker is plugged in. Does it need a new battery? If so, is that something I can replace myself?

[Edited by Moderator]

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundlink portable speaker 2

Hey rkovash,

Welcome to the Bose Community! 

Sorry to hear you're experiencing some battery issues with your SoundLink Bluetooth Mobile speaker. 

As you have confirmed, the reset resolved your previous issue with the Bluetooth. Has the reset not been able to resolve this current issue?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

No, the reset does not work. The power button will no longer turn on the speaker and now the battery light is always orange even though it's plugged in.

Highlighted

Thanks for coming back to us! 

I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting hasn't resolved your issue. 

Have you tried to update the firmware? You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE on a laptop or PC and following the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.