Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Bose Sounklink Mini switches off.

My Soundlink Mini (original) has recently started switching itself off at random intervals despite being connected to 240v power. I have done a reset on the speaker and looked to update the firmware but there is only an update for the Soundlink Mini 2. What can I do to fix this issue?

Thanks. Shane

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Bose Sounklink Mini switches off.

Hey ShaneJ, 

Welcome to the forums. 

Let's dig into this further. Can I please ask what device you have connected and how when this happens. Also, do you have any LED's showing when this happens?

I look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Hey Vicky,

I have a Soundlink Mini 1 that I bought in June 2014. It has worked perfectly up until this point.

Yes, the power led stays on, either green or yellow when it shuts down. It is connected to my MacBook Pro computer. It has just started shutting down randomly in the last few weeks. To then get it to reconnect  I have to turn it off and disconnect the power supply for a few seconds.

I also have the issue of having to reconnect it twice when I first pair it to my Mac due to upgrading to Mac Mojave, but this has been this way for the last year and I can live with this. This has been reported by other users in the forum.

I hope you can help.

Highlighted

The good news is you still seem to be getting power, so there is troubleshooting we can try! Please can you try connecting your speaker to your mobile and let me know the outcome?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2020

I love good news, thanks.

It does switch itself off randomly when playing music from my mobile.

It also switches off with the axiluary cable attached to my Mac. I though maybe it was being triggered by the Bluetooh connection but it seems not.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Hi There,

What trouble shooting can I do?

It does shutdown when it's also connected to my android phone as well as my MacBook.

I can also tell you it  randomly shuts itself down when it's running just on the battery as well as when connected to power. It will reconnect when I press the on/off button once when it's not connected to power but I have to press it a second time when it is connected to power and sometimes I have to also unplug the power to have it connect the bluetooth.

Thanks

Shane

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch, ShaneJ. 

I understand you have already tried resetting the speaker and tried reconnecting so this could suggest a problem with the battery. 

I would recommend getting in touch with local support in your region to discuss your options for service here.

All the best.