Chris&Stuff
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2019

Bose Sounlink Mini 2 - Charging issues

I'm having issues charging my Soundlink mini 2, both via direct usb connection and also when placed in the dock.

This is regardless of being plugged directly into the wall or into my PC.

The connection sounds to say its charging, then about 3-5 seconds later it disconnects, reconnects, disconnects etc...

If I leave it charging it will continue to do this all night long, docked or not. 

I have also tried using several different USB adaptor plugs and cables, ranging from the supplied one, to a very expensive one that I brought in Curries and even one from the pound shop. I cant seem to find a solution.

Also the speaker will not 'connect' to my PC via cable, nor can I find ANY app that works with it, so I can't get any updates that may be available.

This all seems rather disappointing for what is such an expensive little speaker.

Can someone please help?

3 REPLIES 3
Tegan_M

Re: Bose Sounlink Mini 2 - Charging issues

Hi Chris&Stuff, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community, welcome! I am sorry to hear that you are having this experience with your SoundLink Mini II, I can understand your frustrations regarding this and I would like to try and get this resolved for you. 

So I can get a further understanding on the charging status of your speaker. When you connect this to power, can you please inform me on what the LED's state and its color?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Warm regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Chris&Stuff
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2019

Hi Tegan,

im unsure why it says I accepted the solution but hey...

so the light does as I think it is supposed to. The speaker sounds a dual tone low the high “you plugged me in sound” which would suggest charging and the light comes on orange and fades out to black, fades into orange and repeats. After anything between 1-10seconds it then make the opposite “you unplugged me” sound.... but no - I didn’t.

Usually this just repeats constantly untill I unplug it. this happens on the dock 100% of the time and sometimes when I’m lucky I can get it to charge for a fair while directly with the cable. 

I honestly can’t remember the last time it made it to a green light. 

Hector_B

Hey Chris&Stuff, 

Thank you for posting and updating us on this! I have adjusted the accepted solution for you now 😊

This does sound like the speaker is behaving correctly in regards to the LED status. Let's also try and place the speaker into ship mode for a few hours and then attempt to charge it again, this can be done via these steps below: 

• Connect the speaker to a power outlet
  • Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds
  • While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power
  • Release the Multi-function button.

After a few hours please reconnect the product to power via a wall outlet. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this.

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!