Highlighted
Chillyguess
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Bose as Windows 10 as USB only

Can Bose Portable Speaker be used as Usb connected aux speaker on Windows 10?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bose as Windows 10 as USB only

Hi Chillyguess,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community!

So I can better assist you, can you confirm which speaker you are looking to connect to your Windows 10 PC? 

We have a large range of portable speakers, so I have included a LINK HERE to assist you with identifying the product. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support 

Chillyguess
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Hi Chillyguess,

The Portable Home Speaker is unable to use the USB-C port to transmit audio data as an AUX connection. The USB-C is only designed to be used to charge the speaker and as a way of manually updating the speaker if necessary.

If you wanted to play music from your Windows 10 computer, the best choice would probably be to use a Bluetooth connection to the speaker from your computer. If you were using iTunes to play your music and had the Portable Home Speaker and computer on the same network, you could even use Airplay to stream music to the speaker direct from the iTunes program.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

shanhest
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2019

Can the soundlink Mini play music through you computer with USB Cord, or only bluetooth?

Hi Sanhest, 

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome! 

In regards to your query, the SoundLink Mini is unable to play music from your PC using a USB cord. However, you can use an aux cord into the headphone jack. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O