sai vemana
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

Bose portable home smart speaker Latency and connection dropouts

I've got the Bose Portable Home Smart Speaker and using it as a speaker for my computer and mobile. I am experiencing 2 issues here, 

1. Music (songs / videos) sometimes disconnects for a second and plays again (connected via Bluetooth). This pattern observed when using mobile and MacBook

2.  Latency/delay on the speaker sound when playing via bluetooth

- There is a delay of 0.2-0.5 seconds between the video and the sound playing on speaker. This is not an issue with my bluetooth Bose headphones.

- The latency is more observed when playing music via Youtube. At times when skip video in YouTube, noticed no latency for few mins. 

- The latency is also observed when playing Netflix (better compared to YouTube videos)

This issue is really really annoying 😞 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose portable home smart speaker Latency and connection dropouts

Hello sai vemana,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this latency that is presented when listening to videos through your Portable Home Speaker. 

I would initially recommend resetting your speaker. This can be done by pressing and holding the Play/Pause button for ten seconds. The light ring will display pulsing white light on top and bottom as the speaker reboots and connects to a Wi-Fi network. 

Then, I would recommend ensuring that your speaker is running the latest available firmware. To do this, please visit Manually updating your Portable Home Speaker on your computer. 

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
sai vemana
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

Tried resetting as per above recommendation and music joy didn't last long.

Speaker performance was really good for an hour or 2 after resetting, but latency and breaks started showing again.

Tried to update the latest available firmware manually as per link given but the link given didn't work (tried both in safari and chrome -  both said couldn't able to open the page). 

FYI: the Bose speaker was recently purchased Feb-2 and believe the firmware updates will happen once the speaker is turned on and it did happen.

Highlighted

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

The link is certainly correct and does take you to the right page, I would recommend clearing the cache on your computer. 

You can also check for updates on your Bose Music application. 

It's important to note at this point that latency between Bluetooth products and a video source is common with many products not limited to Bose. This is normally due to the time taken to decode the Bluetooth signal. 

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.