Highlighted
gorokhvodatskiy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Bose revolve plus does not connect on whatsapp calls

I bought Bose revolve plus in February 2018 and it's a great speaker, with great sound, design and battary life. But yesterday, when I prepared for an important business call and tried to transfer my whatsapp call to bluetooth of Bose revolve plus it did not switch, I tried many times during 3 minutes, I was so angry that I could not switch to bluetooth. I have Samsung galaxy S7 and there is no problem at all to switch whatsapp calls to my car's Pioneer SPH-DA120. I do not think that probles is in whatsapp message, please do something. 

Thank you best regards, Alexander

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Bose revolve plus does not connect on whatsapp calls

Hello Alexander,

Thank you for your message, welcome to the community.

I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this Bluetooth issue with your SoundLink Revolve+, I understand how this must be a frustrating situation, but we would love to do what we can in order to get this resolved for you. 

Could you confirm for me, was your device connected to your speaker via AUX prior to moving to a Bluetooth connection? 

Also were you attempting to use the Bose Connect App in order to switch to Bluetooth Connection?

Something to note regarding taking VoIP service calls (Voice-over-IP service i.e Skype, Facetime, Whatsapp etc) your product might not receive control commands from the app. In this case—and any case where the product doesn't detect interaction)—its auto power-down timer keeps counting, even while receiving audio from the VoIP service. This will result in the product powering off, to resolve this, turn off the sleep timer or set it to a longer period of time, this can be adjusted in the product settings of the Bose Connect App.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Tegan M - Community Support 

gorokhvodatskiy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Dear Tegan M, 

Nothing had happen after all your advices, I tried a lot.

I have found that this problem is general and Bose can not do anything to solve it, here are links 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Soundlink-Revolve-and-Soundlink-Micro-using-speaker...

https://community.bose.com/t5/Portable-Archive/Revolve-compatibility-with-WhatsApp-Skype-and-other-V...

Disapointing facts... hope sometime it can be solved

Best regards, 

Alexander

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Well I was in the conversation for the second link and I had no problems with any of my VOIP apps.  I just checked again and my Skype worked with both my Qc35iiii and my Revolve.  So as I am on an iPhone 7+, I wonder if it has something to do with your phone.

gorokhvodatskiy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

It has no any problems with my phone as it (samsung galaxy s7)works perfect with my car's media center Pioneer via bluetooth incl voip.