Jul 16, 2020

Re: Bose revolve plus does not connect on whatsapp calls

I tried the same but it did not resolve the issue 

Manishbansal_79
Participant
Registered since

Aug 1, 2020

I own a revolve plus. And whatsapp calls don't work with bose. Other calls work as usual. Is there a solution? 

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Manishbansal_79 

First of all, every Bose speaker I have suffers from a 'switching issue' - what that means when you initiate an audio voice over IP call, it will switch back to the internal phone speakers (I have an iphone 7+) and you may have to re-select the Bose speaker once or even up to three times before it 'sticks'.  This is the same whether I use either of my Revolves or my Mini 2.  It does NOT happen for any of my Bose headphones such as my QC35ii or my Soundsport wireless.  With that said and once I did the 'switch' - I was able to hear the source in an audio only Whatsapp call on my Revolve.

Then I tried a video Whatsapp call and I can confirm that I could NOT hear the other side with the Revolve.  I repeated the same video Whatsapp call with my QC35ii with the same person and had no issues.

The 'switching' issue has been going on literally for years.  I remember reporting it back in 2018.  It does seem to me concerning that the Revolve can not broadcast audio for video whatsapp calls (though it can for Audio whatsapp calls).

MrDC
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

I have the same problem, but I discovered by chance something interesting that partially solved the problem. When I call on whatsapp the speaker does disconnect as it does for everyone else, but when I call I can get the call - well, halfway through.

MrDC

VijayS17
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

This is unbelievable, cant use this device for meetings when connected with USB. Wasted so much money getting this revolve+ rather I should have got a cheap device made in China. At least they understand the use cases of their customers.

unecessary hassle for us. Will it be fixed anytime soon or best I return the product.

@Tegan_M