Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Bose revolve plus stops playing music after 2 mins on MacBook Air

Hi folks,

I have Bose Revolve Plus. It works good with iPhone but having some issues with playing music via MacBook Air (macOS Catalina v10.15.2)

I paired the device, it shows as connected, works fine for 2-5 minutes and then MacBook starts playing via internal speakers even though Bose Revolve Plus is shown as connected. It is very frustrating 😞

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose revolve plus stops playing music after 2 mins on MacBook Air

Hi yuyokk,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble using your Revolve + with your MacBook Air and I would be happy to help with this.

Just to clarify for me, have you had the speaker working with your MacBook previously, or is this the first time you have tried to use it?

There have been a few reports over on the Apple support forums of similar issues with Bluetooth speakers and headphones after the latest Catalina update, so it is possible this is connected to that. Given that the speaker seems to be working correctly with your iPhone this could be the case.

However, we do have some troubleshooting that you can try to get it up and running with your laptop correctly. We have a handy post HERE with a lot of helpful information and troubleshooting steps for using a Bluetooth speaker with a computer. I would recommend having a read and trying the steps there to start with.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards, 

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Re: Bose revolve plus stops playing music after 2 mins on MacBook Air

Hi Keith,

Thanks for reply. Will check the POST you referred to.

It is the first time I connect external speakers via bluetooth.