Bose soundlink clor II randomly brings up Siri and changes songs.

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Bose soundlink clor II randomly brings up Siri and changes songs.

Randomly while listening to speaker, Bose will activate siri on my phone without touching the multifunction button or my phone. Happens sparatically, at least twice per song, no trigger that I can see. Also changes to the next song and pauses music for no reason. I've had this speaker for 2 years, just started doing this last week.

I updated the speaker via the app, that didn't work.

I tried plugging it in, holding the multifunction button for 10 secs, unplugging, then releasing button, that didn't work.

I tried plugging it in, holding the power button for 10 secs, unplugging, then releasing button, that didn't work.

Couple questions: 

How do I fix this?

Is there another way to reset back to factory settings?

Is there a way to turn the multifunction button off? I don't need the Siri to activate thru the speaker, and turning it off would prob fix it enough.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose soundlink clor II randomly brings up Siri and changes songs.

Hello ikaika, 

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the SoundLink Color II. 

To invoke Siri on the iPhone, you need to hold the multi-function button for a short period of time on the speaker. Other ways include holding the power button down on the iPhone (on iPhone X onwards) or holding the home button (iPhone 8 and earlier.) To troubleshoot this, I would recommend the following: 

1. Try clearing the device list by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for around 10 seconds or until the voice prompt advises the device list is clear. On your iPhone, head to Settings > Bluetooth > locat the speaker, tap on the ( i ) then tap forget device. 

2. Establish a new connection with your iPhone, then test again to see if the issue persists. 

3. Pair an alternative iPhone to see if Siri is invoked on the other phone, also. 

4. If the issue continues, please reach out to support in your country via this link.

I  hope this helps! Please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support