Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

Bose soundlink revolve yellow battery light stays on constantly

my bose soundlink revolve fell off the table and now the yellow battery light is constantly on and I can't pair  with my iphone.   

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Bose soundlink revolve yellow battery light stays on constantly

Hey ddt,

I am so sorry to hear you are having issues with your Revolve speaker. I would suggest trying the following steps to try to fix your issue:

• Check for and install any available product updates. Visit btu.bose.com and follow the instructions to ensure your product has the latest features and enhancements.
  • Try another USB charging cable. If another USB charging cable works properly when connected to the power supply, replace the USB cable.
  • Perform a product reset. To do this unplug the speaker from power, then turn it on using battery power and then press and hold the Multi-function (•○•) button for 10 seconds until the product lights glow, then release the button.

Should these steps not work, you have most likely damaged the speaker when it was dropped. Reach out to your local team here and look to book in a repair. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

I tried to find my serial number....impossible to read on the bottom.   here are some of the numbers I could read  D160063007   007ae0233   your web site couldn't recognize them.   I need to send this in for repair asap....I love this little machine and am so sad that it isn't working.   Please help

Sorry to hear that you are having some issues locating your serial number on the base of the speaker. 

The serial number can also be found on the packaging of the box. If you are still having some issues locating the serial number please reach out to us via this link here and we will be able to assist with this. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@ddtwith all due respect to Bose, from my experience it is NOT a battery problem.  I had the same problem with two Revolves.  Sent them in ($65 a piece) and they replaced batteries and circuit cards and the same problem happened with the returned unit.  Then I exchanged them for brand new Revolves and it happened again on one of the two units.  A total of 6 times!

My personal conclusion is its a charging issue.  The Revolve requires about 1.55amps to charge and you CAN NOT charge it in a monitor or computer USB port (which are 1 amp ports).  Once you do that, it makes no difference where you charge it, it will never charge.  The correct way of charging it is either via a wall brick or a battery charger with a 2 amp or great port (two lightning bolts).

Bose provides a resetting methodology which sometimes works but may not.  I have listed elsewhere in this forum one which is a bit more sophisticated.  It may be needed to be done a couple of times but it has worked for all 6 of my problems and many here have confirmed that.

IMHO, the issue is not hardware per se but rather the firmware in the revolve that needs some tweaking (shouldn't allow undercharging in the first place and a couple of other issues).

So save yourself some money and try the more sophisticated resetting technique I have outlined.

Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

thanks for your input...you said...

So save yourself some money and try the more sophisticated resetting technique I have outlined.

Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@ddtThere are many other posts/threads about Revolve's no being able to charge.

Here is one of them:
https://community.bose.com/t5/Portable/Soundlink-Revolve-won-t-charge/td-p/186627/page/6

Sometimes you may have to do this multiple times to get it to work.  I have used this something very close for all 6 times this has happened to my Revolves and eventually they all fully charged to 100%.