Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 18, 2020

Re: Bose updater app wont launch

Same problem here - Segmentation Fault! The speaker is unusable. The Bose Updater App is broken. Please provide a fix!

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Hi moderator

I have the issue for a month now and I regret to say that I have no solution from you. I do not not really know what is your relationship with BOSE but I find it very disturbing not to get something from you in terms of a solution.  When I bought this speaker no body told me that I will face such a problem and the speaker would be unusable. Your updater will not launch. 

I still expect your reply. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 18, 2020

Seems to be either related to older MacBooks (mine is a pro 2010) or to an old MacOs version (mine is Yosemite, 10.10.5). I tried it with a recent MacBook and MacOs version and it worked out

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Thanks

I will try to do that and will let you know

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Have tried today with Mac air and the application will NOT launch  

Do you guys in BOSE who probably monitor these conversations must do something about it??

Highlighted

Hello @Antkyr

Thanks for posting and making us aware of this! We are sorry to hear that you are having some issues launching the updater. 

Do you have another browser or computer that you can attempt to use the updater on?

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Hi

I tried another computer running windows. The updater worked and the speaker was updated after a second trial. 

However the speaker still blinks red although it is powered for more than four hours. Have tried to reset it following instructions from a video in the internet but nothing happens. I am really very upset for not being able to power on the speaker. If I knew I would face such problems I would never have bought it even though I am a fun of BOSE. Not any more!

Highlighted

Hello Antkyr, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues with your speaker. 

Moving forward, please get in touch with local support to discuss your options for service. Details can be found here.

Thanks,

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 9, 2020

i am also having problems with the update app to launch on my Mac.

It simply wont launch, the app does not work and theres is clear info to solve that.

i would love to have my soundlink2 back

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Hi, 

it is not only the updater that has a problem but the product itself. 
I finally managed to use the updater using a windows computer instead of a mac. Still the   Speaker wouldn’t charge. Red light was blinking. I took the speaker to a BOSE shop and after a month they told me that there is a problem in the circuit which controls the charging! and needs to replaced costing more than 80 euros! as it was outside the 2 year guarantee. I only had the speaker for one and a half years. I am very angry as this speaker is totally useless. If you search the internet there are similar problems with other customers. I had bought the speaker from Amazon Germany. They do not sell the speaker any more no wonder why. 
it is a faulty product