Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

Bose updater app wont launch

Hi

I have downloaded teh Bose updater app on my Mac but it wont launch - I have deleted and downloaded several times and it still wont launch - Can you help?

Thanks

30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted

Re: Bose updater app wont launch

Hello jtbons, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty using the Bose Updater. Do you receive any errors messages at all?

Could you please detail what happens when you try to open the updater?

I look forward to your response.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Hi

I am having the same problem on my mac.

It will not launch.

Even if I select the control button and select open.

Nothing happens, no brief launch, just nothing.

I have version 5

Interestingly under info it says it was last opened today but its not.

Also tried to download another copy and its no longer on app store.

Highlighted

Hello,

Thank you for messaging the community! I'm very sorry to hear you are also experiencing issues with the updater app.

Alternatively, if this platform is not working you can connect your device to your computer via USB and visit btu.bose.com this will also allow you to update your product. If your product does not show up on the btu.bose.com website please let us know what product you are attempting to update so we can assist you further.

Please let us know how you get on.

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

Hi, 

I am experiencing the same issue with the bose uploder. It simply doesn t launch without any error messages. 

i have a Mini soundlink that i didn t use for a while and now the battery is flashing red and it won t charge.

Can you help?

Thank you 

Highlighted

Hello Tarek16,

Thanks for reaching out to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with updating your SoundLink Mini. I would love to do what I can to assist you with this. 

Can you please confirm that you have attempted the methods provided within this thread?

If so, can you please inform us what occurs when you try to update via btu.bose.com

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

I am having the same issue.

I went to http://btu.bose.com/ and they force me to update my existing to BoseUpdater_6.0.0.4454 . After I download it to replace my old app, the app refused to open. I have double click on it, but it does not open. I have tried to delete and download again a few times, and yet it still won't open. There are no error message or anything.

Now I am stuck because my bose soundlink mini has flashing red light on the battery icon , and I need to access to the bose updater.

Highlighted

Hello AdelineA, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that this is not working for you. Please can you try running this from a different browser and let me know how you get on. 

Should you still have issues after this, please can you confirm: 

• Your computer make. 
  • Your computer model. 
  • The firmware your computer is running. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 11, 2019

Its blatantly obvious why Bose doesn't want the updater to work, so customers pay for repairs, I've had problems with my iPod sound dock, and sound like mini. I won't be buying Bose again, just like Apple products, over priced and overrated, your days are numbered. JBL for me in future !!!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

Hi, 

I have to update the software for my soundlink mini (battery ran empty and now it won’t charge anymore...) however the software update app doesn’t launch on my mac. I have read all sorts of threads where Bose support team members refer people to the software download page - this doesn’t help! I have downloaded the right app and if I click “launch” it still won’t open. It’s very frustrating having to deal with these software issues as it is, but please make the updates better accessible for your costumers! Also, any why the app wont launch? Thank you!