Highlighted

Re: Bose updater app wont launch

Hi AnnaSchoen, 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues accessing the Bose Updater. 

Are you seeing any error messages when attempting to open the app? Additionally, what OS is your Mac running? 

Finally, if you haven't already, I would recommend creating a new user account on the mac then attempt the download of the updater again, this is a great way of testing if it's a rogue preference file or web add-on that is causing the issues. 

Be sure to let me know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

Hi Jeff, 

Thank you for you response. 

I started the app from the terminal and got a "segmentation fault 11" error message (I didn't get one when trying to open from applications; it just didn't open) - have you come across this error message before?

My mac is running on OSX Yosemite 10.10.5.

I have not yet tried creating a new account...

Thank you for your help!

Anna

Highlighted

Hi AnnaSchoen,

Thank you for providing that update.

I do have to say that error code is not one I have come across before. It's also strange it only happens from a terminal command.

Just as something to check, after attempting to launch the updater and connecting the speaker to the computer via USB, what does the btu.bose.com page show us? 

If you could try creating another user account to test that would help narrow down what is stopping us from launching the updater.

Let us know how we get on.

Keith L

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

Went through this agony like everyone else with a MAC. Used safari and Firefox.  Wouldn’t do a thing. On a lark, I tried chrome and it worked flawlessly. Can’t explain why but you should tried different browsers if you have a Mac and the updated just stares back at you. 

Highlighted

Hey Champ, 

Welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

Your feedback and thoughts are very much appreciated. I am sure that they will help other Mac users who encounter these issues. 

Do let us know if you ever need anything. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Hi 

I have same problem. I have not used my soundlink mini for some time and it blinks red. Have tried everything but nothing works. I downloaded the software updater on my MacBook Pro (10 years old running Yosemite ) but the app does not launch to update the firmware. What should I do? Take it for repairs at a cost?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

hi 

following my last this is what I get

Last login: Thu Dec 26 09:19:18 on console

/Applications/Bose\ Updater.app/Contents/MacOS/Bose\ Updater ; exit;

antonis:~ aky$ /Applications/Bose\ Updater.app/Contents/MacOS/Bose\ Updater ; exit;

Segmentation fault: 11

logout

[Process completed]

Highlighted

Hello Antkyr,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you have a power issue with your SoundLink Mini and cannot use the Bose Updater. 

Have you tried using an alternative browser as this has been successful for users above?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Thank you Charlotte for replying

I have seen comments from others but unfortunately nothing has worked for me. I used Safari and Chrome. I even tried a PC running windows but again the app will not open. Apparently there must be a bug with the application which does not allow the app to run. I am very frustrated with the situation not being able to open the speaker. 

As this is not a problem just for me as other customers have same problems please advise what we should do

thank you

Antonis

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Hi, moderators

No reply means no solution?

I would appreciate a reply from you

Thank you

Antonis