Cheekes
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Re: Bose updater app wont launch

I had the same problem with loading update on a Mac.

You need to get someone with a PC to download and connect the Bose for you.

The app opened no problem.

Once it was connected to the Bose I selected the software update and that solved the red flashing battery problem.

Here is the YouTube I found out about it. Good luck! 

https://youtu.be/4yRAaIZDpxQ

I want to talk about a #BoseMiniSoundlink II Bluetooth speaker. It hadn't been used in some 2 years and would do nothing but blink red. Some have had some lu...
rmmanning
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2020

Great video.  

I have been a big Bose fan for a long time. But my wonderful Bose Mini II SoundLink now cuts out every for 10 seconds every minute or so, even when the Bluetooth connection is inches apart. And It doesn't matter which source I try to connect with it .. it (iPhone, Laptop, Alexa) it seems to be having trouble. So I thought a firmware update would be in order. 

However I found myself with the same BoseUpdater problem as many people here have had. It is unfortunate that apparently you now need a PC in order to update the Bose Mini II SoundLink firmware. I have tried on two different Macs (an old one running Yosemite and a new one running Mojave) and in both cases, after running the BoseUpdate_6.0.0.4454.dmg file and successfully loading the app into Applications folder, when the app is double clicked - nothing happens. When I try Force Quit the App appears not to be running (it doesn't show up in the list of running or non-responsive apps). HOWEVER if I attempt to move the App into the Trash, the Finder tells me that I must first quit the App before I delete it.  (This could be the Finder being confused.)
The moderators have repeatedly suggested using other browsers - however I am not running any browser (I shut mine down after I downloaded the app. So it makes no sense that the App should just do nothing when I double click on it. Shouldn't the app open on its own?  Is the App trying to open a browser and failing?  Very strange. Very frustrating. (I have already bought 2 of these - and gave one to my daughter -  I really would like to keep the one. It still sound great. (No flashing red lights yet)

Apparently I will have to find someone with a PC to help me with a PC-based updater.

-R

bijalsharma
Participant
Registered since

Aug 31, 2020

Im having the same problem. Have done everything what has been mentioned in the threads. The apP does not open.

i am using a Mac software iOS 10.11.6 El Capitan.

can someone pls help me?

thanks

Bijal

this field is required
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2020

Same problem, speaker hand`t been used for a week now does`t work.

Tried almost everything suggested, still blinking red.  Always looked after this, can`t afford to repair or replace it.  Very frustrated.

Lvaladas
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2020

I have the same problem as everyone else.  The app created on the Mac will not launch.  And like it has been mentioned earlier, we are trying to click on the created app. to launch it, some of us don’t understand what the browser has to do with it.  Can someone please tell us how we should be launching this app with a browser?

Thanks

LV

StBean
Participant
Registered since

Sep 24, 2020

I am having the exact same issue with my MacBook (the updater will not open/launch despite being installed multiple times) and when I go directly to the website as described it tells me to download the updater or to launch. I click launch and it still doesn’t launch. In order to update it says I must keep the browser open and have the updater window open. There is no option to update directly from btu.Bose.com as you say. Am I missing something here?

DMcGlohn
Participant
Registered since

Sep 24, 2020

Hard reset your Bose.

It works!!!!!!!!

bijalsharma
Participant
Registered since

Aug 31, 2020

How do you hard reset?

bijalsharma
Participant
Registered since

Aug 31, 2020

Did the hard reset? Still does not work.

Can someone help?

This is ridiculous! Bose, so many people are facing issues with this and there is absolutley no support or assistance

Tegan_M

Hi bijalsharma,

Sorry you are having this experience, can you let us know what product you are attempting to update?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!