Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2020

Brand new Sounlink Color II cuts out constantly

Just bought it, paired it with my Android phone (Moto G4), and pushing SiriusXM to it. It cuts out constantly, no more than 2 seconds goes by. I've located it right next to the router, away from the router, etc. Ready to return this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2020

Re: Brand new Sounlink Color II cuts out constantly

Author Accepted Answer selected by djodland

All set now. Thanks for the help. Very happy with your online support here.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hey @djodland,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing audio cut-outs on your new SoundLink Color II. The speaker offers a wireless Bluetooth listening range of up to 33ft, be sure to stay within this for the strongest signal connection.

Have you tested playing any other music services to see if the issue persists? If it's an internet connection issue, you may want to reboot your router by disconnecting it from power for two minutes. Let me know if things improve!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2020

Thank you for your quick response. I powered down the router for 10 minutes and it didn't help. However, I then tried removing my phone from my home wireless network and just using the data plan and the speaker worked fine playing XM radio. So clearly it's my internet, but what I'd like to ask now is how much signal the Bose device requires, because our wireless router easily handles my laptop, wife's laptop (30 feet away from the router), and her ipad, which is usually 40 feet away, all with multiple walls in between, yet this speaker is a problem? I don't understand. I've tried using the Bose when we're not using any of the other devices and it still cuts out, whether my phone and the speaker are in the same room as the router or not. Thank you

Highlighted

Thanks for looking into this further. 

The SoundLink Color II is not using your WiFi network, it will be your mobile device which is connecting to Sirius XM which is then outputting to your speaker via Bluetooth. 

Have you tried alternate streaming services? Let's also do an AUX connection to your speaker from your mobile device to see the results of this. 

Let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by djodland

All set now. Thanks for the help. Very happy with your online support here.

View solution in original post