Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark!
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2021

Can't connect Bose Revolve + to Mac

Can't connect Bose Revolve + to Mac Book Pro running Mojave 10.14.6. The Revolve + is about 4 years old, I'm happy to give you the serial number. Have downloaded the updater and connected but can only get to 8% of update before I receive the page "opps something went wrong".

Connecting to the computer via bluetooth - computer sees speaker and connects for approximately 5 seconds then disconnects. I have deleted bluetooth, factory reset the speaker and done to obligatory 'turn off and on again". Please advise as everything was working just fine a few days ago.

Appreciate your help.

Regards.

5 REPLIES 5
Tegan_M

Re: Can't connect Bose Revolve + to Mac

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear that you are suddenly unable to connect your Revolve+ to your MacBook. Thanks for taking a look into some great troubleshooting already.

Do you have any issues currently connecting to other products?

If not, I would suggest attempting to perform a software update via the Bose Connect app. 

If an update is available for your product, the app displays an update icon (downward arrow) on the image of your product and in the product settings menu.

• Tap the update icon to download the update. A white circular progress bar shows the download status    
  • Once downloaded, tap UPDATE
  • Wait while the headset updates, which typically takes a couple minutes. Once complete, a checkmark appears
Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Mark!
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2021

Thanks for your reply.

As well as issues already written, when using the Bose Connect app on my phone the same applies, the phone says it's connected via bluetooth but cannot play music through phone. The app just keeps defaulting to the drag and drop 'connect' page. I cannot get to the update icon.

To answer your questions regarding my original Mac Book Pro issue - yes I have 2 Mega Boom Ultimate Ears and they connect beautifully and also an Altec Lansing Xpedition 850 that that connects with ease. I would have thought the Bose Updater installed on my computer would do the same job as the Bose Connect app installed on my phone? Neither seem to be able to connect to my speaker via bluetooth. As stated earlier, the updater only gets to 8% before disconecting. Please advise.

Regards.  

Vicky_W

@Mark! I am sorry to hear that the updater is not working for you. Have you tried a different browser/ computer to see if you can get it to run? Also, please can I confirm what device you are running the Bose Connect app on?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Mark!
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2021

Tried on Chrome and FireFox. Other computer is a similar 2015 Mac Book Pro running Mojave 10.14.6.

The Connect app is on my iPhone 6S. Would appreciate you assistance.

Kind Regards.

Vicky_W

@Mark! I am sorry to hear this, let's try the following to see if we can isolate where the issue lays:

• Perform a product reset. To do this unplug the speaker from power, then turn it on using battery power and then press and hold the Multi-function (•○•) button for 10 seconds until the product lights glow, then release the button.
  • Clear the Bluetooth pairing list. You can do this by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button until a voice prompt indicates that it is cleared. 
  • Try updating the Bose Connect app and ensure that you are running the latest version. 
  • Ensure your Mac is updated to the latest version. 
  • Try using an AUX lead to see if we can get audio from the speaker, we want to try and test if the speaker is functioning so we can isolate the issue. 
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!