Can't control volume on bose revolve +

Quiet Contributor

Can't control volume on bose revolve +

Hey there,

I ve just received my Revolve + speaker but I have problem controling the sound from my macbook pro (mid 2014).

I can control volume from Itunes for example but imposible to control it when I m listening to youtube, Netflix, VLC and spotify (both from chrome and program). It just has a low volume and pressing the volume up button doesn't do anything... It's really annoying when I am trying to watch a movie for example...

Any idea on what is going on?

Thanks a lot,

Nicolas

5 REPLIES
Highlighted
Strident Supporter

Re: Can't control volume on bose revolve +

I'm a windows and not a mac person, but you need to do a bit of troubleshooting.  That way you can tell if its your Revolve or its a BT problem on your Mac.  I have 2 Revolve's btw and I have determined that the Revolve has a general BT volume issue for us on my Dell win7 laptop.  I determined that since the Revolve volume works fine on othe BT systems like my iphone 7+ AND when I wire the Revolve to the stereo minijack on my Dell, the volume also works fine.  Try those two yourself.

While it is possible that your revolve firmware is giving you a problem, if you indeed can get itunes working, but not the others (and I use VLC on my Dell, btw), then it appears to me that your problem is likely mac app related or possibly mac OS related but not a Bose issue.  2014 is in the technology world pretty old.  If you have updated your MacOS and your BT subsystem, it may actually be possible that one of the updates conflicts with your Mac apps and the Revolve.  You may want to remove/uninstall things to see if that helps.  Also check to see if you can find other Mac uses here (or elesewhere like in the Apple forum) that have all or part of your symptoms and see what they have or have not done.

Quiet Contributor

Thanks Joel!

I ve looked for this issue in the apple forum but didn't find anything though... I will keep on looking and try what you suggested. Obviously I ll post the solution here if I can find one.

Cheers

Hi nicolas1984,

Thank you for posting. I just wanted to jump in and add on to the great tips offered by @joelirwin. It does sound like an issue specific to the Mac. I would recommend contacting Apple support directly to see if they can offer any suggestions.

Contact Support -Get support by phone or chat, set up a repair, or make a Genius Bar reservation for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and more.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

it is not an apple issue , i just brought a bose soundlink revolve plus and had the same trouble, volume keys okay on ipod, samsung phone, dell laptop, but would not work on my dell pc my main home computer, took the bose back to shop got replacement and the new one works on all even my pc except when I go on you tube it does not work , i have spent the last few days about 15 hours total, trying all different ways to figure it out, on the new bose i am not going to update it, at all but i do not know what one it has going, so now the only place the volume control does not work is when i am on youtube, i am not happy with this speaker at all, all the time and stress it has caused me,

Quiet Contributor

it is not an apple issue , i just brought a bose soundlink revolve plus and had the same trouble, volume keys okay on ipod, samsung phone, dell laptop, but would not work on my dell pc my main home computer, took the bose back to shop got replacement and the new one works on all even my pc except when I go on you tube it does not work , i have spent the last few days about 15 hours total, trying all different ways to figure it out, on the new bose i am not going to update it, at all but i do not know what one it has going, so now the only place the volume control does not work is when i am on youtube, i am not happy with this speaker at all, all the time and stress it has caused