Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2019

Can't link Soundlink mini with my Mac after upgrade to Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Can't link Soundlink mini with my Mac after upgrade to Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina)

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hi RK26, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are also having this issue and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly, can you please confirm if you have the SoundLink Mini I or the II? I would recommend that you also attempt to perform a reset on the speaker via on the top of the speaker, press and hold the Mute button for 10 seconds. The product lights flash, then turn off once reset.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Can't link Soundlink mini with my Mac after upgrade to Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina)

Hello jbaugh, 

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site!

I am very sorry to hear you are having issues connecting your SoundLink Mini to your Mac after upgrading to OS 10.15. I'd love to help get this resolved for you. 

Have you already tried to unpair the speaker then attempted to establish a new connection? 

Clear device list

- On the SoundLink Mini I (or II) press the power button to power on.

- Press and hold the Bluetooth button for around 10 seconds or until the speaker beeps twice to indicate the device list has been cleared.

Remove the speaker from your Mac's Bluetooth list

- Go to the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen

- Click System Preferences

- Click Bluetooth 

- Locate "Bose Mini SoundLink" then tap the 'x' to remove the speaker. 

I'm interested to hear how you get on with this, so please let me know if you have any success. If you need further support, the rest of the community and I will be happy to assist! If anyone else is having similar issues, please feel free to join in the discussion.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2019

Tried resetting the device list and reconnecting. Issue not resolved.

The Mac connects to a UE boom - so BT is working!

And the Soundlink connects to my IOS13 iPhone - so the Soundlink is working too!

Please help!

Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hi RK26, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are also having this issue and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly, can you please confirm if you have the SoundLink Mini I or the II? I would recommend that you also attempt to perform a reset on the speaker via on the top of the speaker, press and hold the Mute button for 10 seconds. The product lights flash, then turn off once reset.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2019

Hi Hector,

Whoopee! It worked! Thank you very much! As always impressed by the fabulous support!

Highlighted

Hi RK26, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! 

I am glad to hear that your issue is now resolved and appreciate the great feedback. If you have any questions or other issues please don't hesitate to reach back out to the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

Thanks! I came looking for a solution to the same issue with SoundLink Mini II. This solved my issue. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2020

Hi

I've tried this solution without luck.

The Bose Soundlink Mini 2 get paired and after a few seconds it gets disconnected. I never get to see it in the output devices.

I was working well with Catalina up to the latest update.

Any way to fix this?

BTW, the speaker works with my iPhone and Apple TV.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi there, @hernan82arg. Welcome!

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems connecting to your Mac. Let's see what we can do!

I would recommend making sure you have the correct drivers installed on your Mac. 

Let me know! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Help! I'm also having the same issue as OP and Hernan. I've tried clearing the devices from the Soundlink Mini II as well as removing the device from the Mac bluetooth preferences.

Anything else to try?