Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Cannot adjust volume on Revolve when connected to mobile

I have noticed over the last couple of weeks that when I am playing audio from my Motorola phone over Bluetooth on my Revolve speaker, I cannot use the volume buttons on the speaker to change the volume. This is the same for the Spotify and BBC sounds apps. When I press the volume buttons, the Bluetooth light flashes white but the volume does not change. I have tried updating the software using Bose Connect app, unpairing and pairing again, clearing all paired devices and resetting the speaker but these failed to fix the problem. What should I do? I have only had this speaker a few months.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Cannot adjust volume on Revolve when connected to mobile

@hwheatleyI am a customer and do not work for Bose.  Also I have an iPhone which could be different.  But I recollect reading here and in the headphone sections that once they are paired, the volume buttons may no longer be function and that the volume has to be controlled by either the phone or the app.  As an experiment, try connecting your phone to the Revolve using AUX and a cable and let the moderators here know what you results are.