USA

Firmware Version

?

App Version

?

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

IPhone 8 Plus

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Unable to update my Soundlink Bluetooth via Bose Updater.  Pop-up window states : "Bose Updater" is damaged and can't be opened.  You should move it to the Trash.  Using a Mac.  Have tried to use Chrome and Safari and get the same message.

Where do you run into the issue?

Each time I try to do the update.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Today when my speaker would not work correctly.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Cannot update my Soundlink Bluetooth via Bose Updater

Author Accepted Answer selected by GSRuiz

Hi GSRui,

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out, sorry that you are facing some concerns in updating your product firmware.

So I can provide you with the most accurate information, what SoundLink product do you own? Please use this link to help you in identifying your product model. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tegan_M

Author Accepted Answer selected by GSRuiz

Hi GSRui,

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out, sorry that you are facing some concerns in updating your product firmware.

So I can provide you with the most accurate information, what SoundLink product do you own? Please use this link to help you in identifying your product model. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

GSRuiz
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2021

Bose Soundlink Bluetooth Mobile Speaker.

Vicky_W

@GSRuiz, thanks for confirming that for us. We do not have any updates available for this speaker anymore. Can I please ask why you need to update the speaker?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
GSRuiz
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2021

The volume. I longer works and it rarely will pair with my devices. It takes multiple tries to pair it.

Liam_G

Thank you for clarifying, I would love to assist you with some troubleshooting. 

I would recommend that you try rebooting both the speaker and the device you are connecting to it. Also, to test different devices with the speaker to ensure it can get audio. 
You can check these troubleshooting steps and more on our support article here

Looking forward to hear from you! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!